Saturated chain saw market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that pp330 30 cc?
I just don’t understand how the Chinese can manufacture a saw so cheap. Of course they aren’t tops in quality. Now that Husqvarna seems to be relabeling other manufacturers saws I wonder where they are headed. They could out source smaller saws or all of them?

My last three new saws were the Husqvarna 353, 575, 385xp maybe a decade + ago. I probably have 75 to 100 husky saws. Some need Tlc. Learning from about 45 years of experience the 60 cc saws and up really start to cut faster.
Very low labour costs, low standard of materials, no or low cost for environmental compliance, possibly very low to no insurance costs, very low costs to set up manufacturing, rent, etc. Coupled with the low cost of fuel oil for overseas shipment.

Very low labour costs, low standard of materials, no or low cost for environmental compliance, possibly very low to no insurance costs, very low costs to set up manufacturing, rent, etc. Coupled with the low cost of fuel oil for overseas shipment.
And unfortunately people buy them. Whether it’s saws or sneakers. Most people never look at where an item is made. When I’m shopping it’s the first thing I check. Now they are getting sneaky, tag will say “made in PROC”...people’s republic of China. If you care about stuff like that.

And unfortunately people buy them. Whether it’s saws or sneakers. Most people never look at where an item is made. When I’m shopping it’s the first thing I check. Now they are getting sneaky, tag will say “made in PROC”...people’s republic of China. If you care about stuff like that.
That's the first thing I check too. Australia is even worse than the States. Our level of local manufacturing is plummeting fast so for some things we have 0 choice.

That's the first thing I check too. Australia is even worse than the States. Our level of local manufacturing is plummeting fast so for some things we have 0 choice.
Only going to get worse here. I’m for National pride in any country. In the states some fools call it “nationalism” and claim it’s a bad thing! If an item has USA, any of the European and Nordic countries, Japan, Australia, Etc its worth buying.

A division of my company opened up a plant in Mexico and paid workers $0.45 an hour.
They closed up this plant do to violence in the city it wasn’t safe.

I wonder what the Chinese workers are paid? We always said wait till China hits the car manufacturing industry, NK already has, but China will be cheaper.

The workers in japan are working very long hours to complete with us.

Our country sleeps, while others try to compete. We were the manufacturing might of the world in high tech development and manufacturing. Slowly but surely the only thing made in the USA is babies.

Is that pp330 30 cc?
I just don’t understand how the Chinese can manufacture a saw so cheap. Of course they aren’t tops in quality. Now that Husqvarna seems to be relabeling other manufacturers saws I wonder where they are headed. They could out source smaller saws or all of them?

My last three new saws were the Husqvarna 353, 575, 385xp maybe a decade + ago. I probably have 75 to 100 husky saws. Some need Tlc. Learning from about 45 years of experience the 60 cc saws and up really start to cut faster.

Husqvarna sells 2 completely different 120 models
The one everyone else gets.
h110-0419.png

The one we get. The top one is much better.
120%20Mark%20II.jpg

Many companies have quality products when they start up. I notice as the manufacturing numbers increase with the demand the quality drops off. I’ve seen engineers make mistakes pushing a new product into sales before it’s ready. Car manufactures lately have many call backs.

Who makes them?

The top one is probably made at husqvarnas Chinese plant. The bottom one is made in the USA (last time I checked).

The top one is kind of a poor man's 543xp.

Its the big corporations from the western world that are making all the products in China Mexico and else where.My mother told me twenty five years ago that free trade would eliminate all the blue collar jobs in North America .First they went to Mexico with its low taxes and no enviormental rules and low paid workers but a bag of beans a day costs more than a bag of rice so good bye Mexico Hello China here we come.
Anyway back to chain saws .A guy wants 50.00 for a Poulan 335 it looks to be in good shape is the performance any where near the 330.
Any info good or bad is welcome.
Kash

Its the big corporations from the western world that are making all the products in China Mexico and else where.My mother told me twenty five years ago that free trade would eliminate all the blue collar jobs in North America .First they went to Mexico with its low taxes and no enviormental rules and low paid workers but a bag of beans a day costs more than a bag of rice so good bye Mexico Hello China here we come.
Anyway back to chain saws .A guy wants 50.00 for a Poulan 335 it looks to be in good shape is the performance any where near the 330.
Any info good or bad is welcome.
Kash
Yeah in the northeast back in the early 90s the manufacturing all went down south, it was cheaper to do business there, still is. Later on the greedy bastards sold out and went to Mexico or China like you said.
The 335 is a great 50cc saw, I’ve had a few, some had 2 thin rings, (late 80s) and the later ones were one thick ring. Made very well and worth $50. Check the impulse line and intake boot. All mine had boots that were solid but the pulse line is always bad

Back