Save my downed trees..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungTreeGuy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Save my drowned trees..

Tried starting saplings from seeds I have been finding. Got them started and going good but It rained and the bin I had them in didnt have a hole for drainge. Thought it did but didnt. Some of the leaves are staring to die at the bottom is there anything I can do to save my saplings?

Last edited:
whats sort of planting medium do you have them in? maybe put some holes in the bin let it dry out, or try transplanting them?

whats sort of planting medium do you have them in? maybe put some holes in the bin let it dry out, or try transplanting them?

They where in like a mailing bin. Half died half lived. I put holes in it now but had some nice looking maples started. Got some honey locust started and I got a lot of Ashe seeds. Not sure what speices the seeds are purple. Haven't started them yet. Using top soil from an old horse pasture (hasn't been used in about 4 or 5 years) mixed with other normal grade top soil and a turf 5-10-5 turf builder ( says can fertilize trees with it). I have them started in quart bag's covered up in soil to protect the roots from the sun.

But I had some maples in a bin was going to give to a few customers that have been giving me a lot of work as a 'thanks'. Rained over night add flooded the bin. Thought it had some holes in it. Couple months down the drain.

The ones that are alive still look weak is ther anything I can do to maybe save the drowned roots?

Latest posts

Back