Saw Geeks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is kinda funny if you look at it. It is a chainsaw. A gasoline powered motor, driving a chain made to cut wood. I wonder if there is an electric drill forum, where guys take apart their electric drills, rewind the motors, time holes and have hole drilling GTG? Whose drill can turn the longest bit? Which would be better dewalt or milwaukee? I just dont think it would be the same.....

It is kinda funny if you look at it. It is a chainsaw. A gasoline powered motor, driving a chain made to cut wood. I wonder if there is an electric drill forum, where guys take apart their electric drills, rewind the motors, time holes and have hole drilling GTG? Whose drill can turn the longest bit? Which would be better dewalt or milwaukee? I just dont think it would be the same.....

Dewalt! LOL with cobalt bits.

Saw nuts are addicted to loud noises. Just look how many drill their mufflers! Truth of the matter is, you could fart in a can and light a match and get the same noise for a lot less money. :)

Dog geek, shotgun geek, tractor geek, and now a budding saw geek...

I don't mind bein' a geek, but my wallet is havin' a hard time keepin' up...

Naa, Hilti, the red drills from Lichtenstein smack Yankee butt... :greenchainsaw:

See, we can do the Euro vs US thing with them too... :monkey:

The brand Hilti is so ingrained in peoples minds that in my area a hammer drill and concrete nailer are always called a Hilti drill and Hilti gun....no matter what brand the hammer drill or nailer is.

Haha, I just started my job about 3 weeks ago, so I dont really know the people I work with real well. Well got to talkin to one of them bout cuttin somethan yesterday, and said somethan bout the tombstone I rocked out a brand new chain on. Was cutting a tree out of a overgrown boxwood, and found the stone :mad: But anyways, he later proceeds to ask me about why I have my own personal chainsaw, I said well, we actually ave 19 or so. He looked at me and said really, like 19 individual chainsaws.

I guess to me, it doesnt seem like that big of deal, because Im ust to it, and I know a few of you guys on here have more than we do. He said he had some weird toys, but doesnt collect chainsaws. I backed myself up by says theres 38+K of us saw nuts on here.

I prefer "Hardcore Saw Queer" ....who coined that anyways, was it Fishy?

LOL!!!

My fault.:D

Some day I'll relate the origin, and reveal the name of the Lady NIS agent who coined the term "Gun queer", and why..:hmm3grin2orange:

"Saw Geek" is more PC.
I'll stick with that.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Is this a Saw geek....

sawgeek.jpg

Guilty as charged (SAW GEEK HERE). Wife seems to always start those conversations that make people say "Why in the world do you need 14 chainsaws?"
My reply is usually "ya have to have 14 before you can have 20."

Is this a Saw geek....

sawgeek.jpg

Is that Bill Gates brother?
Far out, look out Stihl owners, next you'll have to re-activate your ignition system every time you modify your saw beyond factory spec.

"Your call is important to us, please hold the line and the next available non English speaking operator will assist you as soon as possible, thank you"

Last edited:
But anyways, he later proceeds to ask me about why I have my own personal chainsaw, I said well, we actually ave 19 or so. He looked at me and said really, like 19 individual chainsaws.

I guess to me, it doesnt seem like that big of deal, because Im ust to it, and I know a few of you guys on here have more than we do. He said he had some weird toys, but doesnt collect chainsaws. I backed myself up by says theres 38+K of us saw nuts on here.[/QUOTE]

You are just starting out, wait till you tell some of them folks you got near 100 running chainsaws,one for every size and type of tree you may come across. Then tell them its only a hobby and you have 38+K saw nuts to back up your CAD. LOL
Pioneerguy600

It's meant in fun... not deragotory... :)

Ever get that weird look from some people when they ask you... "So what do you do in your spare time?"

...and you answer, "I collect chainsaws."

"You collect what?"

"Chainsaws..."

"uhh... ...Why?"

"'Cuz they're cool."

"Really? That's kinda weird..."

"Nah... everybody has their geekiness... this just happens to be mine."

:laugh:

I'm sure most of you have had a conversation somewhat like that... :)

Gary

Well it sure beats collecting Hummel Figure ens...:chainsawguy:

Back