Saw-King SawKing on facebook.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanXX

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
[video=youtube;qn0Xnoiwzz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn0Xnoiwzz0&feature=autofb[/video]

Anyone see this video of Saw-King Sawking? Im not sure if he is a member here but seems to know alittle about saws!
Anyway I posted on there on the reason I thought and always heard the reason they throw sparks. When the chain grabs the wood it snaps back on to the bar cuasing friction therefor making sparks is this theory right?

They all throw sparks. Most do not cut in low light to be able to see them. At the recent GTG, we cut at dawn and it was cool to watch all the sparks flying. I think my 2101 threw the most (good or bad LOL)

LOL... What is the "Optimium" muffler temp after idling for awhile?? I guess he could be checking for a dead cylinder..Oh wait, it is a single, never mind....

If you look close enough at the bar and chain you will actually see a weak bolt of lightning jump a few links of chain. this is what he was trying to point out. The friction of a new bar and chain in the wood causing static electricity. check around 1:10-1:11

Last edited:
He is checking that the saw is at operating temperature so that it cuts at its ideal potential that is why he also checks his RPM's.

I understand the idea... Only the muffler is not an indicator of CHT.. I know he does this same routine with every saw he sells on E-Bay. I just find it humorous I guess...

Rick

He's a great guy to buy from as he answers all questions. I've bought a couple of saws and bars form him and been very happy. His Mac 125's can't be beat for a big saw. Mine cuts better that my 880 and 090 for a lot less money. Those are the best buy on a 120cc saw as they are usually under $500.

I'm wondering who snagged that 7 foot nos cannon bar he had a couple of weeks ago, I was really bummed out when it ended early, not really like him to do that.

Back