Saw Manufacturer's Screwup of the Year!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 046 and MS460s are getting more popular in the bush in this area you run a 28" bar it pretty much works for any sized wood harvested. Its what I run it works great much better than the 051 I was using especially for falling the 51 is a good bucking saw.

The 066 are used when they have big wood to fall a 66 never sees a bar shorter than a 32 if they need a shorter bar a 46 gets used.

Pretty rare a 24" bar gets used in the bush even 440s are equiped with a 28" a 24 gets used on a 340-360 sized saw.

A few of you guys have taken what I said about production out of context. I stated that the smaller performance saws are "more than capable in the conditions that you describe" in reference to Pacific`s post. He said he is dumping 14" and under softwoods. Come on boys, I know that we are nothing but a bunch of chainsaw nerds here, but lets try to elevate the level of our reading comprehension by thinking about what we just read.

Russ

They work for my customers in my area all the time
Stihl tech, I dont think you are really understanding what I am saying. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR A FIXED JEt TO BE CORRECT 100% OF THE TIME. As temp and barometric pressures change so does the engines need for fuel. A fixed jet can not be adjusted, so it has not way to compenstae for these changes.

adjust

We don't spend alot of time readjusting carbs here. It is not a big problem. I see no rash of it when the weather changes. If something comes in way off, it usually ends up filters, air leak or vent.
I admit I have no huge elvation changes to deal with, but there is no need to constantly change adjustments. It is just not something I have to do alot. I send it out the door correct, and it stays that way until it needs maintenance. Guess this is why I don't get all this adjusting that is needed. Not in this area.

The guy that I'am doing the clearing for was trying todo it with his saw which is a old XL-12 "Go home early tonite" Homelite :D

I brought the 260 over and dropped a couple trees in no time where it was taking the old XL-12 a long time.

I just couldn't stand watching him struggle with that old antique saw so I said to him move out of the way and put the 260 to work.

It propably helps I have quite a few years experience working with chainsaws. It has been a long time since I droped some trees I'am still debating if I want to take on the gangley 24" at the butt cedar trees. It might be better to have a climber to limb the SOBs before they get dropped they are so branch infested it would take hours to try limb them on the ground.

Im afraid Stihl gets my vote to, I havent had a problem myself but mates that are in forestry who have known nothing but 66's and 44's there whole career are saying the 66's are only doing 6 months before going pop. I have an old red light special 66 and a couple mates have asked me about selling it although its so ???? old.

The 046 is holding up okay apparently.

Change is here

All manfactorys are looking how to sell their product in volume.
The small dealer was the spring board used for intorductory of different company saws and still is. This is soon to be a shared market. repair will be dealer income
Low's--Home d---Sears to name a few is where the traffice of customers shop. The saw Mfg. has OPEN the door for their product to the public Here they will get the volume in SALES==Profit

Some companys will try to hold out saying their loyalty to the dealer.hoping to inscrease Sales through dealers that are MAD.

Husky will have the retail market sew up. They made the move first.The husky dealer in time will be run over with repair work.

Sure you and I are going to put the Bad Mouth on Husky. The John Doe customer could care less

This is called Capitalism. The American Way to do business. We all are spokes that make the wheel turn in free enterprise.

Doug.

MMM sounds like A job for BJ WALKER!!!!!!!!!! In one corner the know it all (and My hero) from a place that is colder than Nome Alaska, Benny......,,,, IN the other corner a sthil tech from NY that doesn't know Jack and claims to have been working on saws for some 20 months now. They agree to disagree. Lets look at the facts, Benny is to proud to admit that he trully does know jack but love to dictate from two basic two stroke books (you can do the search and get what he is going to say word for word from them. Yep 1960 something Techmology. Ok Sthil boy your turn when you jet a carb do you change the jet or drill it.... better yet fine tune it?? You claim to work on several saws how many have you worked on in the past month or tooo??
Part two the Top fuel race car drivers tune there motors and rejet every run for max power. But at the saw shows we all know we love to see a guy second guess his set up on the carb. Maybe Ben feels the need to retune his carb everyday because the needles are sooooo loose from his ignorance the threads are worn out. As for the sthil Geek Just one question. What Happens when you cross a Mennonite with a MS660 with a ported Muffler??? GIVE up little one?! A flat hat guy with a miss shaved beard and a grin from ear to ear, And why this. Because he knows his saw has more power that his car does. But most of all there is a guy in some barn in the middle of noware that could fix it with his eyes closed......

Nuff Said
The Man....

Hey Jack, Ever heard of McCulloch orHomelite? Both were once sold only at power equipment dealers, then both went retail, then both went belly up!

Sedanman

All your post is true. Homelite started in my state.

Just like other American company they stuck their head in the sand and let the market go to other countrys. Or they were blind

Change is good and if we change with the times we will improve
as the change comes about.

Time waits for no one---They are now the saw of the past.(Yesterday)

Husky is the present. They are one of the top lines (Today). Husky should profit and learn from Homelit and Mc. mistakes

Husky is selling what is called consumer saw only in retail stores. The PRO. saw must be purchased from dealer. SMART--- time will tell---if it does they may be the saw of tomorrow(future)
if not they will be (Yesterdays saw) Past!!!!

just wonder if mabe,, lux has all this in mind... put the husq,,,in box stores and get away with any cheapening because they know joe wont know the difference...
then keep the jonsenred, as their competition with stihl and others for the knowledgeable market ,that wants and needs,, the best it can get.
this way they start with a product that will sell well[on its name] to the public,,and can ride that hoss a long way,, as they gradually began to use cheaper material.just a thought...tm

Tony

Lux now has the market sew up and can get a way with this promotion of Husky in retail.

Lux can have their cake and eat too with the control of the chain saw market.

But like you stated they will cut quality for profit. Husky will be in the class with saw of yesterday---Past

I am with you on this one

Terry
Do you have permission to tell us anything about the new Dolmar saws that are coming out?
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back