saw owner kinda made me mad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Cut

septic tank of information
Reaction score
So… this guy calls me to fix his saw. Its an ms250 in close to new condition, I look it over and it needs a new fuel line and the carb is junk from ethanol in the gas. I gave him a price to replace the carb and fuel line. He then wants to know if I can"just patch it together enough so he can get it sold" I said no and he finally agrees to fix it properly. It just kinda makes me mad that he would be ok with doing that to someone. And wanting me to do it for him. Sorry just had to complain for a minute.

I'm not sure either how he wanted it patched up. When a carb needs rebuild or replaced there is no corner to cut. On this model I could get the zama carb kit for $10 but the brass jet valve that is pressed in is kinda expensive. The walbro WT-215 for the older 025 is $31 from my stihl dealer so I feel that it is the least expensive way to go.

I figured that labor would eat up a less expensive parts option fairly quickly. I haven't messed with any fixed jet carbs other than chucking them in favor of adjustable models. Did that on a buddy's MS170 and it made a world of difference starting it.

Good on you, there is somebody out there that needs a saw to keep his family warm, and he will now buy a decent saw that you worked on.
To hell with the jerk, you did right!

Latest posts

Back