Saw ownership. What brand.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My FAVORITE brand of saw:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Dolmar only because I knew it would be 3rd or lower in the poll.

To be honest, I dont have a "brand" - i like any saw that runs & runs well. I have good luck with saws from virtually every brand - especially if they were made 20+ years ago. ;)

What about Homelite? Also (and I know I will get hammered for this) I noticed Ryobi isn't listed.

Rather surprising results if you ask me. If I had to guess (without this thread) I always would have guessed that this site is heavy on the Husky fan side of things. Maybe not as much as I had presumed. :)

About half and half although the poll doesn't say. Most people who vote don't post alot and these threads end bad.:D

For me, its the one and only, Stihl.:clap: But I got a few red headed step saws.

IMO this site has always been Stihl heavy. But I've notice lately that the Husky fan base is growing. Even some what I consider hard core Stihl guys are giving their try at Husky ownership.

I love Husky, but I never say Stihl or Dolmar were better. I may point out what I think are bad/weaknesses in certain models in all brands.

A true CAD fan loves all saws!

When you buy a chainsaw, you also buy into the dealer and the company selling the chainsaws. There will be good and bad points about any part of this equation. The important thing is to go with what works best for you and your given situation.
For various reasons, I have a hard time make ends meet with the stihl equation. I have tried Dolmar it does work for me. I do have one older jonsereds but I really want to try a modern one but dealers are none too plentiful in my area.
Of all, husky has always been the “easy button”. Buy them through the mail, bolt on the handle, gas+oil and go. Saws have been rock solid, in both performance and durability. Parts, IPL, manuals, aftermarket, all available on line, one click away, order anytime, shipped direct to my door, no running around, dirt cheap. Works for me and makes me the most money.

At last I'm not alone in the darkness.

Sorry Rich, didn't mean to leave you twisting in the wind like that. I just had to go with my favorite saw and it wasn't a Shindaiwa....the 695 would be in second place though.

:cheers:
Mike

I voted Dolmar but would have voted for Husky and Jred too, Stihls are OK if you have an older one, or a new one as long as you don't look at the castings... :)

I like my 3410TH and 7900...

Latest posts

Back