Saw pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hope this is in the right spot.
anyone have a brand or model on the lighter weight safety saw pants, if you use them? I am thinking if I got some of these fancy light weight pants I would wear them. Like many I don't wear chaps because of the bulk and stiffness.
Use would be for personal cutting of firewood

I hate chaps with a vengeance- not for the reasons you mention, but a heap of other ones.
Clogger (manufactured a few miles down the road from me) make an EXCELLENT range and different grade and weight trousers, just released a Demin look range and have everything from climbers trousers to loggers and even flameproof and nonconductive.
I own several pair from various other manufactures, saw company branded stuff, Winter weight Stihl trousers, various Clogger- but prefer the Arcmax and some Husqvarna Technical that are probably my favourite at the moment.
Usually the lighter the items is- the lesser protection is rated. Like class 2 for climbers pants and class 4 for loggers pants, climber pants are lighter, more giving and more flexible at the forfeiture of strong protection.
Just remember, safety pants help, but are not idiot proof. Many a bomb disposal crew member has been wearing the suit, but killed by the bomb. ;)

Labonville makes summer pants that you snap the cut resistant inserts into or use your own modified pants. They looked nice the few times I looked at them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-49-48.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-49-48.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-49-03.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-49-03.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-48-15.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-16-00-48-15.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 14
I like the concept of the Madsens snap in jeans (along with the Labonville snap in chaps) though the jean material is on the thinner/weaker side.

As well, they need at least one if not two more snaps for security. I've had the chaps fall out a couple times, especially when working on steep inclines.

It's a shame they don't contract with Carrhart and use their super thick, fire resistant jean material.

Latest posts

Back