saw running different/ help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
husq 460,
last few weeks saw has been running different- sometimes if it just stall at idle, or after cutting idle for a second then just kill like i shut it down. sometimes even alot of pulls to start it.sometimes bog for a second when open up. not everytime or consistant at all either .
never done this before , would idle a whole tank if you let it,start 2-3 pulls always.
changed plug,cleaned air filter, gas filter looks good not changed though, took of started case cleaned all junk out.
carb adjustment ?not sure what to adjust dont know squat about small motors, dealer will prob bath me for a couple tweaks of something, and have my saw for who knows how long.

Have you checked for cracks in the fuel lines??
Fresh fuel would be worth a try... which would be the first thing I'd do if the fuel lines were good.
After that I'd be checkin' for a crankcase leak, and if that checked out OK I'd likely put new diaphragms in the carb.

Do you use ethanol blended fuel?? That stuff is murder on fuel lines and diaphragms.

High, Low and Idle screws. Try a minor tweak on the L screw, which is the one closest to the cylinder. Richen it a little, which is counter clockwise.

You sound like a prime candidate for an autotune saw! There ya go, an excuse for a new saw!

When you had the line out, should have just changed the filter anyway, they are cheap.

High, Low and Idle screws. Try a minor tweak on the L screw, which is the one closest to the cylinder. Richen it a little, which is counter clockwise.

You sound like a prime candidate for an autotune saw! There ya go, an excuse for a new saw!

When you had the line out, should have just changed the filter anyway, they are cheap.
Could be it was running lean to begin with now its colder hence more lean. Yes turn the L out a tiny bit a 1/16.

use to run corn fuel , now there is a few places in town with 90 reg gas so i've been running that for year or so, did not see any cracks in lines either but its hard to see down next to carb.
crankcase leak??
did'nt have a fuel filter on hand to change at time, will get one and test before adjusting screws.
need a day before get to it working today.

use to run corn fuel , now there is a few places in town with 90 reg gas so i've been running that for year or so, did not see any cracks in lines either but its hard to see down next to carb.
crankcase leak??
did'nt have a fuel filter on hand to change at time, will get one and test before adjusting screws.
need a day before get to it working today.
If the adjustment richer dont help or change anything then a leak is suspect.

i see this has a gas tank vent do they go bad?
if so how do you remove that thing is in a hole and needle nose just seem to slip off.
installed new primer bubble and fuel filter will have to start and run later though to test

skindaddy,
you need to put this in the chainsaw section..
there's alot of prettttttttyyyyyy smart fellas that hang out there..
quit running the saw till you get it fixed..

Sounds like a cracked carb diaphragm. Same thing happened to my 394. Our Husky dealer charged me a whopping $35 to put a new carb kit on it and tune. Ran like new afterwards.

Back