Saw submerged in muddy water

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am grounded from my BFH ... pushed the clutch side seal in too far and had to ruin it getting it back out... back to the dealer for another seal. Need to use a socket just a little LARGER than the O.D. of the seal so it doesn't go in past the race edge.

Live and Learn, I have done seals about 10 times and never was this over zealous, Thanks again for all the help,

How's that baby doin' jbighump??? She ready to cut some wood, prolly cuttin some teeth, Great to hear from ya!!!

pete

Got it all back together and runs fine, glad I cleaned it out, gives a little piece of mind knowing I did all I could, even though it is only an 026 PRO.:hmm3grin2orange:

Got it all back together and runs fine, glad I cleaned it out, gives a little piece of mind knowing I did all I could, even though it is only an 026 PRO.:hmm3grin2orange:

No you did good, doesn't matter what saw it is, that saw would serve someone with no saw just fine. Conscientious and responsible, especially if the saw moves on down the road to someone else.

Total cost including the buggered seal was around $35 for 3 seals , not sure how much in cleaners and wd-40 but surely less than 10 bucks. This saw has very low hours on a new p&c. Looks great with a newly painted muffler and clean as new.

Dealer has an old 242 sickle bar hedge trimmer attachment that will bolt on to the 024/026, I plan on using this saw for fountain/pompus grass duty, those things are no fun to cut down. Usually I just burn them but I have a few that are close to my house and pine trees so they get cut.

I re-used everything in the carb, head gasket (low hours, looked new still), bearings ect. Glad it is done and now gets stored on a HIGH shelf.

My little 009 was submerged under the Delaware river about ten years ago during a flood. Then it sat for a few months while ever thing else was being taken care of, the saw was going to be thrown out so I asked the guy if I could have it and he gave it to me along with a weed wacker. All I did was hosed it all off and got all the caked off mud off of it, emptied teh tanks and filled them up with fresh gas and oil, I sprayed WD int he exhaust and in the cylinder and carb cleaner in the carb, and pulled it over a few times and everything seemed smooth, Threw the plug in and in three pulls she fired to life and ran good, I ran the rpm's up and blew some junk out. I though a new plug,fuel and air filter on it and it has been running like a top ever since.

I am not saying I did it the right away but it was a free saw and I wanted to keep it that way. The weed whacker got the same treatment and the results have been the same.

Latest posts

Back