saw troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok so some of you know im a hobby builder and seller of used chainsaws, well im running into some troubles and cant seem to find an answer.
question 1 I have a used stihl 039 chainsaw I do think its 60 cc, I have rebuilt the carb, put new fuel filter, fuel lines, inpuse line, and a intake boot on the saw. the saw has over 150 psi in the cylinder also , so here is my problem I cant get the carb adjusted right doe to a air leak, at least that's what I think. if I spray starting fuid on the back side of the carb where is bolts to the intake boot it boggs down. from what I have read the intake boot acts like a gasket so im wondering if I can cut out and use some form a gasket on it ? and someone said to put a little red gasket maker on the boot then bolt the carb on. and im thinking that's a big no no anyway im asking for advise.

question 2
I have a husky 445 it has new carb , fuel lines, inpuse lines, filters and a new intake boot. my question is this if I push the primmer bulb 8 times the saw runs on high. every time I try n get a screw driver on the carb it shuts off. could I be sucking air somewhere? it ran fine a month ago.

ant imput would be nice and thanks in advance

On the Stihl yeah I did put the C-clamp on the boot. It's actually spitting gas out of the carburetor both the one I rebuilt and the one that I ordered so not sure if it's supposed to do that or not. Someone told me that it could also be a bearing bad even though the bearings felt good which is possible. Now the Husky the lines are hooked up right I was told it could be the crank bearings also not wanting to start for it does not have the pressure underneath but it has great topping pressure

The Husky 445 with a full tank of gas and it has all new fuel lines impulse line intake boot if you hit the primer bulb six seven times it will start and run hot and then it seems like when all the gas to burn oil it doesn't want to start

My neighbor just offered me $100 cash for the stihl and that's what I have in the saw as of right now. If I take that then that's enough for me to buy a new OEM carb for my husky 460.

All of my questions still apply, an additional one for the Stihl....
Have you looked at the piston through the intake port?

It may be pretty rough....

I bought this saw and a 310 for 25.00 the 310 had the good piston and cylinder the 039 was scored. So I switched the engines, the 310 was not wearth a rebuild.

Latest posts

Back