Saw Troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Hope this is the right forum....

My wife's big "Eager Beaver" does not self lubricate any more,
What am I doing wrong?

I have tried Amsoil, and Marvel Mystery Oil, but it does no good.

Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks,,,,....

Believe it or not, they never sponsored me, only paid me to make some cuts for one of thier infomercials...The company went broke not to long after so I never got the free ride I was hopeing for.

Rotax

What am I doing wrong?
Welp...........I hate to tell ya the truth here.......but once you are married for a few years......a wifes once "eager beaver" needs to be warmed up much longer than before to be ready for action :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Women are just not a get up and go type of creature like most men are :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Maybe KY lube, or vasiline maybe help if it gets too bad :hmm3grin2orange: Good luck my friend! Sure hope that we are talking bout the same thing here :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Rotax Robert said:
Believe it or not, they never sponsored me, only paid me to make some cuts for one of thier infomercials...The company went broke not to long after so I never got the free ride I was hopeing for.

Rotax

No kiddin'? you still got the Prolong stickers on the saw... I can't remember if I saw them or not this year. I always thought they might have sponsored you. Too bad it didn't work out.

Gary

Last edited:
There maybe one old ratty one still on there. As far as sponsoring they did give me a ton of product (oil,grease, etc) really did me no good so I gave most of it away or used it to start a few stump piles out back so I did leave a few stickers here and there. Kinda tough to get people to write checks and while product is nice a 55 gallon drum elephant dung really doesnt do me much good. I do have a few major players that have stepped up here and there but do not want the liability side of a unlimited hotsaw so they help but am told to keep it quiet. Beyond the show money we get at most shows any financial help usually comes from doing static displays at saw shops, car dealers and auto parts stores and the like.

I don't mind doing the Deming or Buckley shows for free as that money goes to the busted up loggers fund as well as I do it for free with exibition cuts for our veterans organizations. It is way more fun racing when we have a whole host of unlimited saws out there to square off against eachother.

I am the only saw guy out there that hits 25+ shows a year in 5 different states and canada, this is where a little monetary help comes in handy.

I guess the reason I wrote this is that I have heard through the grapevine that I had big money backing me at one of our local shows and may not be allowed to race again there because of it. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I built the Predator when I got layed off from Boeing in 01/02 and built it with no financial help whatsoever. Even most here probably doubted it would come full circle. I did however have people like (Bekkavar, the foreplay guys etc.) who shared there saws with me so as I could get some ideas. Some I liked, some I didnt and some I seen where it could be improved upon.

Anyway, enough rambling, I am proud to say the mighty Predator won every single race this year and there are some mighty fast saws out there and darn good men behind them.

Rotax Robert

Good post Robert. I have enjoyed watching you race the Predator over the the years. You keep a pretty intense travel schedule with the saw. More power to ya! I'm glad you still hit Buckley and Deming, since they are usually the only 2 shows I can make it to. Sometimes I get over to Sequim, and next year i wanna get over to Hoquaim. I am still toying with making the 406cc Rotax bike engine I have into a saw. One of these days....

My hat is off to you and the Predator. I know most of the big hot saws sit in some loggers shop all year long and usually aren't even started until the night before the show. Or maybe even the day of the show!

Thanks for the fun shows through the years Robert! ...and givin' the Binford some competition!!! Now they are chasin' you.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Gary

talon1189 said:
Welp...........I hate to tell ya the truth here.......but once you are married for a few years......a wifes once "eager beaver" needs to be warmed up much longer than before to be ready for action :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Women are just not a get up and go type of creature like most men are :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Maybe KY lube, or vasiline maybe help if it gets too bad :hmm3grin2orange: Good luck my friend! Sure hope that we are talking bout the same thing here :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Was thinking pretty much the same thing hahaha :bowdown:

/Kinky swede

Fish said:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,,,,....

Stay away from the petroleum, it will chaff.

Get yourself some astro glide.

talon1189 said:
Welp...........I hate to tell ya the truth here.......but once you are married for a few years......a wifes once "eager beaver" needs to be warmed up much longer than before to be ready for action :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Women are just not a get up and go type of creature like most men are :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Maybe KY lube, or vasiline maybe help if it gets too bad :hmm3grin2orange: Good luck my friend! Sure hope that we are talking bout the same thing here :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

You read my mind!!!!!

CaseyForrest said:
Stay away from the petroleum, it will chaff.

Get yourself some astro glide.
Hahaha........Ya don't even want a wifes "chaffed" eager beaver for gods sake
:ices_rofl: Just stay away from using bar and chain lube as it may cause cancer down the road for her :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Fish said:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,,,,....
maybe she should stop using it on dead wood.

Lakeside53 said:
:ices_rofl:
I was going to stay out of this thread, but that's just too good!!!
Why stay out.......LOL! We are just havin some fun here :rockn: Maybe she just needs a bigger piece of wood to fix it :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :laugh:

oldsaw said:
I haven't seen an eager beaver for 20 years. The saw either.

Mark
WOW.........and you are man enough to admit it here :eek: That can be a real problem for most :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

talon1189 said:
WOW.........and you are man enough to admit it here :eek: That can be a real problem for most :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Hey, been married for 17, so I kind of exaggerated a bit. Make it 15 years.

Mark

Back