Sawdust in Gloves Poll *OFFICIAL*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatya do about chips in yer gloves

• Total voters
I switched to work gloves with elasticized cuffs several yr. ago after too many years of suffering the wood-chip-down-around-my-fingers thing. Plus, it is difficult to get the danged chips all out. The elasticized ones are hotter in the summer, but worth it to me. I have both summer and winter version work gloves and plenty of non-elasticized-cuff pairs for other-than-firewood work. I keep the elasticized ones on the shelf next to the saws and they keep 98% of the chips out.

My UPS man gave me a dozen of his favorite palm dipped in latex gloves. They are the best. They last forever, get no saw dust in, grip really well, still breath out the back...they're way better than anything you can get at the Hardware store of home depot either. He buys them by the bale and sells them to the whole depot.

I got some kevlar reinforced nitrile dipped gloves from one of the tool truck guys. Wash em inside out whenever they feel dirty. No chip problems at all. The standard nitrile dipped glove holds up well while cutting but rip up when lifting logs and such.

hmm...Wife has the rubber dipped gardening ones might have to "borrow" a pair.

I usually wear leather ropers. I spent years welding/brazing so I'm just used to leather for heat protection. Don't weld no more so I guess I could switch. The extra grip would be good too

I started using the mechanix gloves for climbing, since the big leather ones were just too cumbersome for that with the 200T, now I use them all the time, they are most excellent.

I have a pair of "GoJo" branded padded mechanics gloves (grey/black) that I got for six bux from HF years ago. They do a good job of cutting down on the vibes from the ancient "man saws" I run. Wish I had bought about ten pairs of them when HF had 'em. For those who don't know, GoJo is a mechanic's hand cleaner manufacturer. It was a one-time closeout deal. I also have a few pairs of the cheapee blue/black HF mechanics gloves for when the GoJo's wear out. They don't match my thong though...:monkey:

Well, I only wear gloves half the time. Other half I forget to bring them with me. I usually don't have a problem with chips getting in too bad.

One thing that I did before is when wearing my muck boots, I had them rolled down and was cutting. I had them stuffed full of sawdust in just a few seconds. So always keep the muck boots rolled up. :)

I would've voted, but I don't wear spandex pants, and my velcro-close work gloves are the cheapo Fleet-Farm ones. But that's how I keep chips out of my gloves. :)

I use el-cheapo harbor freight "Two-Sided PVC Dot Gloves" for felling. I switch over to "Split Leather Palm Patch Work Gloves" for loading the wood into the truck.

I get alot life out the two sided gloves! Plus they are great for running my weed eater and lawn tractor.

My .02

Mike

Back