Saws Gone - UK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not good having to post to this bit of the forum, but I know there are a few UK members out there.

My garage was done over this week - they smashed a window at the back then opened the main door from the inside. They got:

MS880, 25" bar - very good condition, light use only.
046, 18" bar - good used condition
024, 15" bar - good used
HS87R hedgecutter - good used
Stihl TS400 cutoff saw - well used, pretty scratched up
And most annoyingly, my milling 070 AV. Not a great looker, but totally rebuilt by me. It had a 3/8" Cannon Superbar at 28" long, which should make it pretty unique in the UK. It had a milling chain on it, and of course no brake, so I hope some b@stard gets it in the face at full throttle.

I'm keeping an eye on ebay, but if anyone is offered this stuff in the UK, please shout!

damn sorry to hear that fella...

becoming far too common. i'd report it on the stolen equipment forum at arbtalk.co.uk lots of u.k dealers and saw enthusiasts there

I'm sorry for your loss, do you still have the contras and the 090?

I hate seeing stories like this, it makes my blood boil. :chainsaw:
I really do need to take pictures and serial numbers from all my saws.

Hope you have some good luck to follow your bad luck and find them again in good order.

ohhhh... that makes me sick!!

it'll take more than a bit to recover from that loss...

I'm sorry for your loss, do you still have the contras and the 090?

Thankfully they didn't get that. I was looking at something to chop up this weekend, and realised that my options were either the 090 or the 009. Neither were really suitable, but I used the 090 anyway. :):)

The contras are mostly in pieces - they could have got them, but didn't think they were worth nicking.

I've registered on Arbtalk and posted there as well....

I'm also working on the basis that if I replace the lot in one go, a dealer out there might offer a sizeable discount.....

Happened to me too, I lost all my "O" saws, except the 041, to thieves last year. I would love to have used the 076 on them, newly sharpened chain of course. Wonder how many seconds it takes to cut a thief in half w/ a RSC?
Would a green chain be slower?

With a milling chain, I could have sliced them lengthways.... :chainsaw::chainsaw:

Back