• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

Have an 084 and I'm curious about market price. It's #116339XXX.

Has an NOS full wrap handle.

Quench is set at .020. Base gasket delete. Believe compression is right at 200 psi, but have to check my notes. Definitely need to use the decomp on this one.

Piston and jug are OEM and in very good condition. Has new Caber rings.

Tillotson HT7 carb is rebuilt.

New OEM fuel line. New OEM intake.

Almost new 36" Carlton sprocket tip bar. .404 chain in good condition.

Muffler is OEM and ported; excellent condition.

Unlimited coil setup; matching flywheel, of course.

Fresh top end, just fully cleaned and reassembled.

Does not have HD air filter.

Plastic is all in good shape; just scratches here and there. Unless noted above (i.e., Caber rings), all parts are OEM/NOS Stihl.

Built it with the intent to sell it to my neighbor, who wants to get into milling. Don't want to sell it to him at cost, but I don't want to screw him over, either. Just would like to figure out what the going rate is on a saw in this condition, and sell it to him for something less than that.

Thanks,

Scott

DSCN2467.JPG DSCN2472.JPG DSCN2476.JPG DSCN2496.JPG DSCN2500.JPG DSCN2504.JPG

That bar is titties. If that was mine i wouldnt consider anything less than $1000. but ive seen em sit around and not sell for a lot less, tho not in that nice of shape.
I have a very cool bar like that except all black and a bit shorter that showed up at my house one day :cheers:.

Latest posts

Back