Saw's Stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Customer called this morning with some sad news....

Stolen was a like new 7900 serial # 0707181117 and a 455 rancher not sure of serial # but has a crack above oil pump through the crankcase saw still runs but has damage under side cover from thrown chain.....A well used MS180 was also taken .......

Saws and air tools were taken from garage this past weekend.....In WI.

If the 7900 shows up on ebay let me know or craigs list .....

WTF is wrong with some people!
Some :censored:"just broke in my 92 year old neighbor lady's and took some stuff in the middle of the day,thank god she was not home!
I'll keep an eye out for the saws also!

:rant:There is just way too much of that kind of crap going on these days.
I don't understand what the heck is wrong with these people. Dosen't anybody work anymore? Or have concern or respect for other people's belongings? I hope karma takes its tole on these individuals in the worse way it can!
There are two things I can't stand in this world.... LIARS and THIEVES.

I'm Always on ebay..will keep an :Eye: out for them.

I'm sure it's a results of the poor economy and the drug problem facing this country that causes people to take what they want. Why they would rather rob someone instead of doing things a simple going door to door looking to mow grass, shovel snow or do what ever odd jobs it takes to EARN some money is beyond me. I think it has a lot to do with the way people are raising there kids today. A lot of them think it is up to the teachers and school systems to teach the little snots right from wromg. Some of you older folks such as I, can remember getting sent to the Principals Office and hoping you didn't get the wooden paddle when you got there. If I got into trouble at school, I didn't even want to think about what would happen when I got home. LOL I see little brats running around in a store just screaming and carring on and I think, "that little brat needs his %$$ warmed and done right there and then". You don't have to hurt them, just give them enough of a crack on the butt to get there attention.

Carl

Last edited:
That reminds me that I better write down my serial numbers. I'm lazy about that and should know better. Pawn shops will scoop these saws up in a New York minute. In Maryland they have to hold them 18 days before they can sell them.

That reminds me that I better write down my serial numbers. I'm lazy about that and should know better. Pawn shops will scoop these saws up in a New York minute. In Maryland they have to hold them 18 days before they can sell them.

Serial # and if you have the bill of sale as to prove it is yours .......Pictures help too............

Thanks. I just can't list the value anywhere. My first chainsaw cost me $150.00 NIB so my wife thinks they all cost $150.

So.....are all of your saws forsale for $150.00?? LOL

Sorry to hear about you guys loosing saws due to theft! I have not experienced that..........YET.

I am sorry to hear of your customers loss. Last year I left my 272xp locked in the cab of my pickup overnight at the mine. Behind a locked gate. It was gone in the morning. Someone unlocked the door and then relocked it after the saw was removed........I don't think it is the economy so much as the nature of some people. It just seems like there are more mean spirited and downright thieving liars around any more.:chainsaw: Bob

Logging chain through the handles and locked onto something they cant lift/move. I use a big beam in my barn or the roll bar in the PU truck.

Anything to slow them down is worth trying. But nothing can totally stop them. Witness the times people have stolen gun safes and left a 4' wide hole in the side of the house, or the much more frequent theft of entire ATMs.

Latest posts

Back