Saws with AV are awesome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
Reaction score
Until this year I've never owned a saw with Anti-Vibration accessories.
After clearing more brush and falling some trees last week, it was time to buck the logs into rounds and get them moved. I started with my Poulan 3416 with Pro Bar and chain. It was doing a great job, but I changed over to my Stihl Deuce Two Eleven, and noticed a big difference in the vibs being given off. Switched back to the Poulan, then back to the little Deuce. Finished limbing what I could for the moment, and went to the MS 270 for bucking the bigger rounds. I'm getting pretty old, (even though my 87 yr old Pastor says I'm still young) and it doesn't take a whole lot of work to tire me out. Getting a bit sweaty, I took a break in the 40 degree weather. Didn't take long for the chill to creep in my soaked clothes, so back to the MS 270, and as it dug into those oak logs it made me grin watching the saw vibrate and yet the saw handled so smooth as masses of chips covered the ground behind me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So are you saying that your MS270 has the lowest vibes of that group?

Philbert

Hi; Phil. Ha!; Wish I had the cash to blow on saws to find out the answer to that one. Just sayin' that anti-vib sure felt good on these old hands.:biggrin::msp_thumbup::biggrin:

Thats good to hear. I wish ya could run a Husqvarna. They are smoothest saws Ive ever ran. It may be worth it to ya to sell off some of the old ones and get a new Husky. Just my 2 cents though my friend. At any rate Im glad your gettin some relief.:msp_thumbup:

The AV Systems sure do work good..
Cutting Keeps you Young, Keep on Cutting..

Thats good to hear. I wish ya could run a Husqvarna. They are smoothest saws Ive ever ran. It may be worth it to ya to sell off some of the old ones and get a new Husky. Just my 2 cents though my friend. At any rate Im glad your gettin some relief.:msp_thumbup:

I had my heart set on a Husky before I bought this one. But this is STIHL country. STIHL Dealers everywhere can fix you right up. Not that way with Huskys here.:msp_thumbdn:

Back