saws with sentimental value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I may get flamed for this thread but I am just asking to make sure I am not the only 1,, here are mine,, none of them will ever get sold for any reason
ms170,,,,, I had to sell mine about 2 months ago or so to help pay off the truck,, the one I have now was built and sent to me by tbone and the little midget wouldn't take a penny for it:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
the 346 and 372xp's my wife about broke my arm to buy because I was drooling over them so much,, I have a good wife
the solo 603,, got it from a good friend and AS member,, he is the type of guy that would give his shirt off his back if you needed it,,, I still haven't paid him for it even though he dropped it off to me yesterday,,, should have him paid this week after I get done cutting weds

none of these saws will ever get sold,, I would rob a bank first if I needed money for some reason,, the only reason they would ever get a new home is if I am dead and that home is already lined up
ok guys,, flame away

I'm goin' to be in trouble as I just sold a nearly new Craftsman (poulan sd25) for 50 bucks to a co-worker who needed a saw for around the yard. But I have no sentimental interest in that saw. Ask me about the sxl-925 that used to be my Dad's timber fellin' saw.

My 036 pro was the first saw i ever bought and ran it for years. my dad gave me a POS husky white top 50 that will be with me forever. i have a few others that will most likely always be with me.

good thread

The list of my saws I keep for sentimental reasons would read like an Oscar acceptance speech. Needles to say it's a lot of them.:msp_biggrin:

Little husky 136 that was the first saw I ever ran. pioneer 450 that was a gift from my dad, homelite 7-21 that was my first saw restoration. (when I was 11)

Beat up old JRed 535 that my father in law gave me. I'm sure he was laughing at me as he did it. Think has caused me so much aggrivation that it almost ended up as target at the range. I got the last lauph as now it purrs nicely. Also has taught me the most about working on saws and maintenance. It's now a never sell keeper.

Only a few. I no longer have my very first saw, but still have my second, an old lil red homie tophandle. I would keep that, and my first brand new saw, husky 137....then three (working three saw plan) mag case poulans, s25cva, 3400, 245a....and my oregon battery saw.
The rest could go if needed and are all replaceable..although I have never sold one saw. Swapped some, thats it.

I have two that have sentimental value. Poulan 4200 w/22" bow bar bought new in 78 and my Dad's grey top Husky 44. All the rest must have because my wife keeps asking me if I'm gonna sell any.:msp_confused: What does sell mean?
Shep

My 6-10. Grandpa bought one new in 1968 and my dad had it till it died in 92. I bought one in 09 and had to sell it a year later an always regretted it. Got the one I have now and its now completely new inside and out. Will only leave me if its life or death!

Te Husqvarna 372 has a lot of sentimental value to me.

I can think of some chainsaws I used for years but I cannot think of any reason to use them or like them now like my Homelite XL150 vibrator.

Te Husqvarna 372 has a lot of sentimental value to me.

I can think of some chainsaws I used for years but I cannot think of any reason to use them or like them now like my Homelite XL150 vibrator.

Your 066 has sentimental value to me :rock:.

My 056AV was my grandfathers, my 031AVE was my dads, my JD55V was a friends that I bought and fixed (first quality saw). My 372XPW I bought when I found out we were having our first child, my 550XP when I found out we were having our second child. And lastly (but not least) my 064 ("precious"), I bought at an auction in parts and got a complete saw out of it (there are a few reasons why this saw means a lot to me). As you can see, I attach some sort of sentimental value to a few of my saws, and poses a problem when I need to thin the herd (because I wont sell them). Opps, forgot the 041G (my "grail" saw), that isnt going anywhere either...

My 362/372xp, it heats my house and keeps my family warm. And pops old xl12, doesn't even run, haven't found the time to repair it.......one day it'll be a runner again. I had often wondered weather to do a full paint job on it or leave it with its "battle scars" I decided to just get her running like new and leave EVERY blemish. The scratches will tell the story of its life.

Good Thread Scott, thanks. :msp_wink:

Back