Score, score, and score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Found some bar and chain oil on cl, 10 gal for $40 score #1. As I was talking to the man he said that he had a few tree's I could have if I wanted. Of course I said, wich ones? He wanted all the trees in the front yard, wich is flat with nothing near it. 18 straight red oaks. Easy access grassy yard. Score #2. He is going to take care of any mess, branches everything. Then he said that he would like to buy 3 cord of his own wood. Not split just in rounds. Before I could answer he insisted on $200 a cord. I tried to tell him that i would do it for free, but he would not listen. So weekend after next I will be paid $600 to get a winters worth of free heat 15 mi away. Score #3 Sometimes things just fall your way. Sometimes.

Among some groups, you'd be told something like "you suck", which is shorthand for "good on yer." Ignore the jealous.

Maybe you could split the wood for the gent, as a surprise?

Sounds like this guy appreciates what your doing. Tree removal is costly and although the 600 is very little its a good amount when all you want is free wood.

At what point in this dream did you wake up? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously though, congrats on a great day!

reciprocate the man's generosity in some manner.

Just me, but when good people like this present themselves i always return the good faith by getting them a "huge" turkey or ham and hand deliver it to their doorstep a week or so before a major holiday, like Christmas/Easter.

I was supposed to start cutting this weakend, but wind and rain in the forecast. I would love to post picks, but not smaht enough.

Back