Scored a monster maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can handle up to 60" or so with my equipment, but a lot of that one is going to be pushed in a pile. That is the biggest tree I personally have ever seen. I'm going to measure it when I go back to finish cutting it up.

Looks like a guy could mill some chunks of that and get really nice figure.

Otherwise, looks like a lot of easy BTU's.:rock:

Mr. HE:cool:

3 of the 5 trees hit his fence but he already repaired the wires. I don't have to worry about messing with the wire. I'm going to sell the cherry logs to a nearby mill . I'll check to see if he's interested in the maple.

A friend stopped by the other day and asked if I was interested in some cherry and maple that were blown over in a storm. I can drive right up to them and they are only 5 miles from home View attachment 356003For reference the saw is my 372xp with a 28" bar

Is it me, or is the cattle fence being absorbed into the tree? What is the age on that thing anyways?!

Ah nevermind. Time's standing stihl already beat me to the punch. I didn't scroll down before I typed lol.

That big tree looks gnarly, that would suck to split.
I did a silver maple about half that size. The wood grain on the main trunk was twisted and was angled upward at about a 45 degree angle. Noodling will be necessary but great firewood or milling depending on if it's rotten.

To bad you aren't close, those jobs are why I have two 090g's. One with a 72" and the other with a 96" bar. There is more use than none might think for those monsters. Lots of work, but even more fun.

To bad you aren't close, those jobs are why I have two 090g's. One with a 72" and the other with a 96" bar. There is more use than none might think for those monsters. Lots of work, but even more fun.
Sadly the trunk is pretty well rotted and I'm almost positive it swallowed a steel fence post at some point. We cut up what is on the ground, but that had a lot of rot as well. Although it's gone now, it's almost an honor to work up a tree that's nearly 10 feet wide.

Pardon me boy, say can i say YOU SUCK :ices_rofl: nice score i feel sorry for the guy that would have to cut the whole tree.

Not surprised that it is rotten. Trees that big and old generally have some issues. At least you got some wood out of it. BTW that thing is a monster!!

Latest posts

Back