Scrench mod and carry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot- as I have never seen one nor heard of one cause by the tool in question and I have been converting oxygen on this planet for as long as you have.
If you have never seen or heard of somebody getting a puncture wound from a screwdriver, whether attached to a wrench or not, you have never paid attention. You know as well as anyone else that if you carry pointy things around and fall on it, it's pretty likely that it will poke into you. Or are you going to claim that you have been too dumb or unobservant to notice?

It's becoming less and less surprising that the site is sending out frequent pleas for support.

OK, I'll stop. But just out of curiosity...

How can a person so incapacitatingly terrified of what amounts to a screwdriver -- possibly own a CHAINSAW???

I mean, all jokes aside, accidental chainsaw fatalities must outnumber accidental scrench fatalities by 100 trillion-to-one.

So...if you got rid of your chainsaw, not only would you eliminate your lottery ticket for a chainsaw fatality -- but also your one-in-ten-octillion chance of "Death By Scrench." Seems like a win-win all around...

I do tend to tilt at windmills,

That sounds almost unimaginably dangerous. How much armor do you wear?

My mix and oil can carries them. Along with a chain in pouch on other side. :cheers:

Friend used these on every saw he had. Right on saw handle.

Just wow on the stabbing part. :oops:
:rolleyes: :laughing:

Attachments

• hcombi.jpg
    hcombi.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
  • s088.jpg
    s088.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3
OK, I'll stop. But just out of curiosity...

How can a person so incapacitatingly terrified of what amounts to a screwdriver -- possibly own a CHAINSAW???

I mean, all jokes aside, accidental chainsaw fatalities must outnumber accidental scrench fatalities by 100 trillion-to-one.

So...if you got rid of your chainsaw, not only would you eliminate your lottery ticket for a chainsaw fatality -- but also your one-in-ten-octillion chance of "Death By Scrench." Seems like a win-win all around...

That sounds almost unimaginably dangerous. How much armor do you wear?
How in the world did you get "incapacitatingly terrified" from what I actually said? In 40 years as a mechanic, I've seen co-workers with pointy tools stuck in them to various depths, (screwdrivers, knives, drill bits, etc. because sometimes such things slip or skitter) and it didn't look much like fun. It wasn't fun when it happened to me either, and it's not something I want to do a lot of. Carrying an unprotected typical scrench hanging off my body while I'm also carrying a chainsaw and scrambling over slippery rocks on a steep hillside doesn't seem like a great idea to me, but apparently you think that makes me a scaredy cat. You do you and I'll do me.

You convinced me, I'm going to install a seatbelt here on my recliner.

A lot of us have been carrying screnches for years without needing an ER visit, your concerns have proven to not be valid. Feel free to stick a cork on the end of yours, or wrap it up in bubble wrap, maybe stick it in a gun safe back in the truck just to be sure. I'll keep putting mine in the pocket of my chaps. You do you and I'll do me.

You convinced me, I'm going to install a seatbelt here on my recliner.

A lot of us have been carrying screnches for years without needing an ER visit, your concerns have proven to not be valid. Feel free to stick a cork on the end of yours, or wrap it up in bubble wrap, maybe stick it in a gun safe back in the truck just to be sure. I'll keep putting mine in the pocket of my chaps. You do you and I'll do me.
With your username, I would have expected a rational response.

Lots of people had unprotected sex with strangers for years and nothing ever happened to them. So unprotected sex with strangers is safe, right? That argument is stupid, but that seems to be what a bunch of folks here are sticking with. "I've done it for years and I ain't dead yet, so it's plenty safe". Working with a screwdriver hanging from a string around your neck or hanging from your belt will never be a good idea, and you all know it, yet some here continue to defend the practice. Why?

Geez. It's not like I'm advocating Nerf saw chains. Any sensible person knows that falling on a screwdriver is likely to result in getting stabbed. But a bunch of folks here are furiously trying to deny that such a thing could realistically happen, and making claims that bringing up the risk makes me a wimp or something. And you yourself are smart enough to put your scrench in a pocket in your chaps, while ridiculing me for questioning those who hang theirs from a string around their neck or from a belt. Think about that for a bit, because I haven't criticized pocket carry or scabbards or saw-mounted carriers. Just screnches hanging loose.

I came here to ask a sensible question, and got a bunch of irrelevantly defensive replies and wildly unwarranted attacks against things I never said.

Maybe you guys should consider whether that kind of kneejerk reaction has anything to do with all the emails the site sends out begging for contributions.

I wonder if even one of you will have the guts to break ranks and give any serious thought to the subject.

Ironic you mention getting attacked for things you claim you never said, when your second paragraph is entirely straw man argument.

I'm done with you.

With your username, I would have expected a rational response.

Lots of people had unprotected sex with strangers for years and nothing ever happened to them. So unprotected sex with strangers is safe, right? That argument is stupid, but that seems to be what a bunch of folks here are sticking with. "I've done it for years and I ain't dead yet, so it's plenty safe". Working with a screwdriver hanging from a string around your neck or hanging from your belt will never be a good idea, and you all know it, yet some here continue to defend the practice. Why?

Geez. It's not like I'm advocating Nerf saw chains. Any sensible person knows that falling on a screwdriver is likely to result in getting stabbed. But a bunch of folks here are furiously trying to deny that such a thing could realistically happen, and making claims that bringing up the risk makes me a wimp or something. And you yourself are smart enough to put your scrench in a pocket in your chaps, while ridiculing me for questioning those who hang theirs from a string around their neck or from a belt. Think about that for a bit, because I haven't criticized pocket carry or scabbards or saw-mounted carriers. Just screnches hanging loose.

I came here to ask a sensible question, and got a bunch of irrelevantly defensive replies and wildly unwarranted attacks against things I never said.

Maybe you guys should consider whether that kind of kneejerk reaction has anything to do with all the emails the site sends out begging for contributions.

I wonder if even one of you will have the guts to break ranks and give any serious thought to the subject.

It was an equivalent argument. "Done it for years, so it's safe".
Maybe you could actually respond to the original question.

Is it worth carrying a dull t-handled pushknife on your body just waiting to stab through important parts of you if you slip and fall? Especially dangling from a cord?

Latest posts

Back