Screw Wheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone made a screw wheel similar to the one which Gorillabac uses? I haven't found an eye screw that has threads which easily turns into the wood like the one Gorillabac uses in its demonstration. I have been using either tongs or eye screws with a hoist to lift heavy logs onto my splitter. I have to drill a pilot hole first and use an impact driver to imbed those eye screws.

Has anyone made a screw wheel similar to the one which Gorillabac uses? I haven't found an eye screw that has threads which easily turns into the wood like the one Gorillabac uses in its demonstration. I have been using either tongs or eye screws with a hoist to lift heavy logs onto my splitter. I have to drill a pilot hole first and use an impact driver to imbed those eye screws.

How have you been? What about vertical splitting?

Send me a PM and I can give you a hand. I have a splitter with a lift; or I can noodle for you; or i can get the rounds to the vertical mode. I think we are just a couple miles from each other IIRC.

Just now ran into your reply and Thank you. The last 5-years have been pretty rough but I am still hanging in there. Prostate surgery, colon surgery, hernia surgery, heart bypass surgery and diabetes.
Oh well anyhow I don't like the vertical mode - too much stooping over involved. I've got several ways of lifting the rounds (big ones) and I went ahead and ordered a new set of lifting tongs from Tractor Supply.

My latest setup uses a Harbor Freight 1,300 lb hoist which hangs about 6-1/2 feet over the splitter. I think these new 16" tongs will work just fine raising the logs. I made a ramp table so I can just roll one
round after the other down to the splitter. :)

Oh by the way I recently bought the new Speeco wedge #40145900 it is a 3-piece attachment. One ram foot and two attachments. Single wedge or 4-way wedge. So far on Oak the 4-way has worked real well.

Thanks again for the reply and offer.

Latest posts

Back