Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting firewood under this today was freaking amazing! View attachment 597674 View attachment 597675 View attachment 597676
Good pictures! I tried taking some but didn't turn out that good
IMG_2355.JPG IMG_2362.JPGIMG_2363.JPG They were expecting 20,000 people to come to our town of 950 to see it, thankfully that didn't happen. Took the day off because they were also expecting 5-10 hr delays on the hwy. Was able to go out and scrounge up some nice red fir this morning IMG_2353.JPG Horse trailer was full of camp fire wood bundles so just used the pickup, I was careful ;)View attachment 597751

Attachments

• IMG_2354.JPG
    IMG_2354.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I had to adjust the settings on my phone to get a decent pic. What part of the state are you in?
Good pictures! I tried taking some but didn't turn out that good
View attachment 597748 They were expecting 20,000 people to come to our town of 950 to see it, thankfully that didn't happen. Took the day off because they were also expecting 5-10 hr delays on the hwy. Was able to go out and scrounge up some nice red fir this morning View attachment 597749 Horse trailer was full of camp fire wood bundles so just used the pickup, I was careful ;)View attachment 597751

Crap, thought I was gonna croak. Took down a 40", three lead Ash. Full sun, drank 6 bottles of Gatorade, Coconut water, BAi, took magnesium pills. I'm cramping so bad I can't type with both hands. Can only use my right forefinger. If I cup my hands to type, they both cramp up into a fist and I have to peel my fingers open. On top of that, I felt a vibration in my truck on the highway. Grabbed my trailer tire and shook it, clunck, clunck, the bearing is going. Tried the other side, same thing. So, if I can straighten out any of my body parts tomorrow, I guess I'll be putting in a set of bearings, Joe.
On a hot day I can't get enough water so for that nights cramps I use mustard right out of the container, the tumeric in it helps relieve them quite quickly, although it's still a bit scary to lay down not knowing what I'll wake up to in the middle of the night :surprised3:. Once I take it I don't have any more problems until the next time I over do it.

Good B/P. If you take Magnesium, take the slow release stuff.

When I ride, a mix of OJ, Cranberry (or CranGrape) and Water seems to work well for me. However, I have heard that some studies reflect that nothing beat Beet Juice.

Most important is just to stay hydrated.
I have beat juice in the tires on my little Kubota, it does work well, but I still get cramps LOL.

well my birthday is tomorrow and in my family we celebrate our birthdays by letting the lucky birthday boy/girl choose to do whatever they want for a weekend and everyone goes along with it. So.. for my choice we spent about 3 hrs this evening scrounging black locust. Tomorrow we're on the splitter and bucking a few more good BL logs to keep us warm this winter.
3e82f2f962c995ffce890fb8d5088317.jpg
993baee642220a3e186ccce0d52dbb76.jpg
That is awesome, family time and Locust :).
My wife and kids helped load this black locust up(full cord :sweet:) and I unloaded it out of the trailer and the bucket on the tractor (I liked this part best lol).
20170818_180948.jpg

Hi guys. My name is Jeff. I am the scrounger formerly known as Wood Nazi. It was just a nickname given to me by a friend after the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I have no affiliation with any sort of hate. I'm just a dad, a husband and a Christian. I'm just a guy who scrounges his wood so fishing and snowmobiling are afforded. I'm JustJeff.

You should have had a pretty good show then. I'm around the pocatello area.
It was great! Got dark, temp started dropping, street lights came on, not something you see very often, they say one in a thousand people saw it.IMG_2363.JPG

Hi guys. My name is Jeff. I am the scrounger formerly known as Wood Nazi. It was just a nickname given to me by a friend after the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I have no affiliation with any sort of hate. I'm just a dad, a husband and a Christian. I'm just a guy who scrounges his wood so fishing and snowmobiling are afforded. I'm JustJeff.
Hi Jeff, nice to meet you.
Never thought you to be any sort of a hater, you have a pretty good variety of saws there in your signature, but maybe a dolmar or an echo would comfort others more.
Glad your all PC now :).
If you like Seinfeld you'll probably know this one LOL.
I'm not a hater either, but we need to be able to laugh a little at ourselves, everyone included :yes:.

Decided to make a hard core effort to burn up all my stumps before winter. I put this beast in the firepit after burning 4 others in the last few days :clap:. I was feeling great about it as I only had like 5 or 6 more, then when I was looking for my small chain(which I still haven't found :nofunny:) I realized I had two more I set aside for the sake of time :(. The good thing is that I like to have fires, the bad thing is just burning this one I loaded half a face cord under it already, and I'm expecting it to take at least 2 days to burn if not three, and I'm only 2 hrs into it :surprised3:.
This is the largest one I have, but the only softwood, sorry Dan, burning about a full cord between the stump and the wood to burn it.
The trailer in the background is a 4x8 for size reference, my firepit is about 7-8' across its about 5 ' tall standing like that.
20170822_200539.jpg

Latest posts

Back