Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 20171224_150155.jpg
    20171224_150155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20171224_150440.jpg
    20171224_150440.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Merry Christmas, we had a 40 deg C Christmas Eve had a big family gathering at our house, big roast dinner with all the trimmings. The oven was on with the aircon running at full tilt. I suggested we get the fire going for a bit of Christmas atmosphere .....got cut down pretty fast.
You haven’t lived until you’ve experienced a southern hemisphere Christmas

Hey Mike you are not in Utah :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just kidding. I know what you are saying though. When your hands feel like 100 grit sandpaper you tend to get rejected from certain areas :cry:

Steve, you read that right.... Maybe you don't know about ole Uncle Mike, once a player always a player. Every year for my birthday I try and get the guys together for a night of drinks and dinner. One year I show up to the restaurant and there is a lady at the table. Im thinking WTF! who brought a girl.... Turns out its some gal from his past that recognized him and left her date to come over and talk to him.... So in his case, yes the WOMEN as in plural... I don't know how, but some how the gals love that fool...

Doesnt' take much but when one is trying to get a pile of geen or wet bush going, diesel is a good tool. I used several gallons today getting 8 snow covered piles going.
I use a propane weed burner. Just lite the burner and stick it in the middle if the pile and run wide open for a couple minutes. If you stack the small brush on the bottom and then pile on the bigger stuff, its no problem getting it to burn and you dont risk getting singed from flare ups

I fired up the Asian 660 today, it sounded real snotty, can't wait to put it into some wood.

But the darn oiler is not working!!! Got one on order, should be here by 1/30.

At least all the major things seem to be good (running wise). The muff mod on this one is more aggressive than I did in the past, and I think that and the timing advance are wringing the performance out of that Cross P+C. We will see when I put it in some wood.

Back