Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that problem last year to untangle a pile oflogs. Couldn't get a cable around one. Finally brought along a 3/8" lag bolt and portable drill, inserted bolt, attached cable to truck and it was out in the open.
I like turnkey's idea. That's how I moved a giant rock/boulder from my back yard to my wife's flower bed. I didn't go back and look at pics of the pile, so I don't know if this would be safe, but I've done it before. Cut through as far as you can on 4-5 blocks, then noodle half a block off each one. Then you'll have enough room to get your power head in and complete the cut. Leave enough of the front log to chock the pile so nothing moves on you, Joe.

First logs on the hot coals this morning. I like watching everything start.
123669e5d42d8984c4a63724a75ce049.jpg

And if they are smart enough to know that you might be using a snowblower at night, so they added headlights to snowblowers, why dont chainsaws have headlights?!
Cause an accident with a snow blower at night is less likely to result in being found frozen to the ground by your own blood the next morning :eek:.

First logs on the hot coals this morning. I like watching everything start.
123669e5d42d8984c4a63724a75ce049.jpg
I cleaned are last night and still don't understand why people don't like there ash pan.IMG_20180105_124106.jpgall the ashes fall in the pan dump it in the ash bucket put it back.IMG_20180105_124250.jpgall the embers stay in the stove. Throw wood on and go. Stove at 250* when I cleaned it out.

All the embers dont stay in a NC30. I have to shove all the fresh hot stuff to one side and shovel out the powder then switch sides. No big but theres a better way. If the stove would have been designed right....

I have the old style stove, full size grate, ashes fall through, embers stay and once a week or a bit oftener, grab the welder mitts, pull pan, sling to spread on the grass and backin the stove with the pan.

I haven't seen a new type that has more than a little bitty hole in the middle of the burn chamber floor. What PIA...butt better than no pan at all.

When I was out yesterday climbing all over a giant wood pile I was impressed by the bite of my Irish Setter winter/hiking boots, but those spiked logger boots came to mind. Does anybody in here have those?

I have a pair of corked chainsaw rubber boots , awesome traction .

First post! I’ve been lurking for awhile but finally decided to join.
I have a friend logging part of their property. He said I can have everything but the massive trunks. I spent some time today collecting smaller cut pieces as my saw did not want to start.

Attachments

• D09682E9-A4FA-4764-8441-844E7DD6F111.jpeg
    D09682E9-A4FA-4764-8441-844E7DD6F111.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
Back