Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people here have such a "shouldn't burn pine" mindset. not sure why. i always tell buyers what wood is in the mix i'm selling and they say sounds good as long as there's no pine.:crazy2: i tell them it's a good thing they don't live in Canada 'cause that's all they would get.:laugh:
I could do pine during the day. Problem would be getting my wife to feed the stove while I'm sleeping. I'd for sure wake up to the furnace running and a cold wood stove :dumb2:

The coldest places on earth don’t have hardwood. Wonder how they survive? Lol. Here where hardwood is common, there is a taboo on burning softwood. Many people think it causes creosote which isn’t true. Out west and up north burning softwood is all they have. And as far as getting up in the middle of the night to load the stove? If I had to do that, it wouldn’t be long before I either got a bigger stove or upgraded the insulation and windows/doors in my home.

Back