Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the “old” Oregon bar and chain selector they only make a bar in that pattern for .325. And they don’t offer a RSN option so you could swap out the nose to 3/8. What are you using now?

The 20" .325 bar that came with the saw. If 3/8LP performs better, I might switch the saw over to it.

I do carry this too, :)

088ge3q.jpg

Never tried to count. I was told to stand between 12-15 paces, the line you threw from was 15. I tried throwing 2 doubles from that line and they both hit square on the end of the handle. No more of my nice doubles till I figure it out. Gonna get an Ace Collins to practice with. Bonus question. Can anyone I'd the type of wood I'm using for my target?

Please let me know how it performs in 3/8LP. If it runs better with 3/8LP than it does with .325, I may have to convert mine.

Does anyone know where I can get a 20" 3/8LP bar?
Why not get a 16 or 18 in 3/8lp? If you need the 20 it takes about 5 seconds to swap the .325 rim back on. I ordered mine with a 16 because I thought the 20 would be to much.

This is the biggest I have seen ash around here. And the biggest tree/trunk I have felled. They cut the trees off about 15ft up and left the trunks standing. I didn't see evidence of EAB, bark seperation or trails, so I don't know why they cut them. Two trunks right next to the road in the grass in between the road and the beanfield. A mile from my house. I have been eyeballing these for months but I had to wait till the right time. I swear trees get bigger as soon as I get the saw out. They didnt look that big from 50ft away. Had some 1on1 time with the 32" bar on the THREE NINE FIVE throwin chips roadside beanfield style C'MON. :D

Attachments

• 20180306_155914.jpg
    20180306_155914.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20180306_155510.jpg
    20180306_155510.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 20180306_154228.jpg
    20180306_154228.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
I'll run any saw. No one around here sells anything but plastic huqvarna saws. A 359 is the best one of ever run and stock for stock the 590 would take it' lunch money every time. I would love to run a 346 or any of the other top end husky saws.
hmmm me thinks you would really like to run mine lol both non e tech 372 xpw and 395 xpw the 395 is barely broke in lol not used a whole lot just for the big felling cuts! ill take a picture of it tomorrow the 372 xpw is ugly now but still runs like a top :) heres when i got it 8 or 9 years ago :)002-5.jpg

hmmm me thinks you would really like to run mine lol both non e tech 372 xpw and 395 xpw the 395 is barely broke in lol not used a whole lot just for the big felling cuts! ill take a picture of it tomorrow the 372 xpw is ugly now but still runs like a top :) heres when i got it 8 or 9 years ago :)View attachment 637700
:sweet::sweet::sweet:, I could use one of those.

:sweet::sweet::sweet:, I could use one of those.
Lol yup I will rebuild the 372 xpw if ever needed lol the 395 will remain new like until I die likely, I mean I do use it but not a lot like the 372! It is however back up saw if needed I put a 24 on it and hung the 36" with a sharp chain on my shop wall for times of need its remained there now a year lol.

Lol yup I will rebuild the 372 xpw if ever needed lol the 395 will remain new like until I die likely, I mean I do use it but not a lot like the 372! It is however back up saw if needed I put a 24 on it and hung the 36" with a sharp chain on my shop wall for times of need its remained there now a year lol.
They're great saws for sure.
I am the same way with the 660, a few times a year for a little work, then a few times just to keep things moving is the main actions she sees. I may sell here and get a 390 sometime, or get a 390 and then sell her. Who know's I've got a few other saws that would run the 36 just fine if need be for a tank or two here or there so no worries, but it is difficult to find a real clean 660 like it.

Latest posts

Back