Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LondonNeil you seriously need a ute mate:laughing:, doing that constantly to a vehicle like that will only see it trashed sooner or later, I know how you feel though as I used to use a Commodore before I got a ute (best thing I ever did really) just allows me to haul pretty much anything I need and designed for the job.

LondonNeil you seriously need a ute mate:laughing:, doing that constantly to a vehicle like that will only see it trashed sooner or later, I know how you feel though as I used to use a Commodore before I got a ute (best thing I ever did really) just allows me to haul pretty much anything I need and designed for the job.
true but a ute wouldn't look cool cruising downing street with the better half. but...................i think it would.:yes:

dbdbd4f3a33036c6bb2e74f5d50550dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know... i look at dual cab pickups with some envy but here is like Cowboy (or was it Jeff?) said...commercial vehicles like vans and trucks keep their value/price insanely and on top of that is the insurance....3 or 4 times the cost of a car for some reason...nuts. however a modern dual cab pickup truck looks like it would serve very well for family duties and take half a cord in the bed... want

Got basically all of the trunk split up by hand tonight now just have a few pieces of branches and then stacking once the ground dries out some. Then on to the next!

30616a9b2496ae755d946450c0cae2d7.jpg

712ee7b483a05bef9992325509e73f98.jpg

The few pieces of the trunk will have to dry out some my fiskars super split would just sink into them and not split then left a few test logs cause they were big parts of splits and knots so not worth my time splitting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got home from work, fired up the stove, loaded the 395 and headed to the big pile. Didn't even make it a mile from the house. Infact I could still see my house at the other end of the cornfield. Gas company taking down so many trees a 5 man scrounging crew couldn't keep up. Got a truckload of roadside. Unload tomorow morning and go again....cherry, walnut and osage.

Got home from work, fired up the stove, loaded the 395 and headed to the big pile. Didn't even make it a mile from the house. Infact I could still see my house at the other end of the cornfield. Gas company taking down so many trees a 5 man scrounging crew couldn't keep up. Got a truckload of roadside. Unload tomorow morning and go again....cherry, walnut and osage.

I don't see any cherry, walnut or osage o_O

You know the rules.

Bugger driving around with the other half, think of how many mates you can cram in the ute to help ya cut wood:lol:

But if your ute is full of mates, where do you put the wood? Take any pics of that stringy this week?

Latest posts

Back