Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The authorities here take the view that they are native/natural and are ignoring that they are of such numbers they are a real problem. In cities there is so much rubbish and litter that is easy pickings for them and they make a big mess when they knock bins over. I can cope with the mess, it's the poo on the garden, particularly with a 2 and a half year old that loves to be outside, thats the problem. Although watching the beast climb on my wood a few times ..hmmm, when he did that on a pile I'd yet to stack it made me cringe somewhat.

Ocean City MD, which is essentially an Island, has a booming population of fox, some wearing thongs, and some in fur. The furry ones get along with people fine. The biggest problem is probably raiding food and water bowls of pets. We watched a mother and 3 kits playing on the beach, they were cute and funny. They were also digging up sand crabs eating them. Just glad they are not around my house. Although, we are far enough out in the country that I have friends that trap, Joe.

Don't see how a 22 cal pellet in the ear wouldn't drop them in there tracks. Guys do it around here with a 22lr.

It will,i have a suppressed. 22cal pellet gun that is great for pest/varmint control close to the neighbors house,just need to put the shot in the right place.

Boy, hate to think of the penalties you must have for Water Boarding innocent Fox!!!
:laughing:
zao-fox-village-japan-34.jpg
Hey Neil, a couple of foxes for ya!They look pretty pissed. Must've heard about the super soaker.
They look like they'd make great coats and hats:laugh:
And if that fails there’s nothing like a bit of high velocity lead poisoning to solve your problems!
:cheers:
Don't see how a 22 cal pellet in the ear wouldn't drop them in there tracks. Guys do it around here with a 22lr.
:cheers:
It will,i have a suppressed. 22cal pellet gun that is great for pest/varmint control close to the neighbors house,just need to put the shot in the right place.
Is that an old gator gun Reb :laugh:.

I'd snipe those cute little guys with the .17 HMR and throw them in the trash, just wait til the day before thrash so they don't stink, and I'd suggest putting them in a bag first too :yes:.
We have them around here and they don't last long, neither do the coons skunks, opossum, chipmunks, red squirrels, moles(3 already this year), we get along great with our bush buddies :buttkick:(that's the bush buddies not Jeff getting the boot:cheers:).

Do you have fly bait there Neil, you could also scrounge some if that up, they drink a little and job done.

Got her down safely. Started the cut with the 038 AV 32". It hasn't been run for about a year. Didn't want to run well at first.

So we fired up the Jred 70e 24" and got her tipped in the right spot with that. Runs out real well. This was my first whack at porting and has been a running out nicely. Dare I say it's a mean sob! The 8-pin sprocket doesn't phase it. But I want to swap in a 7 just to see if the extra torque helps er not.

Made a dozen or so cuts with the 038 after that seemed to have cleaned up and run well. Might be due for seals and carb kit.

Now back to cutting. Have a nice day!

Got her down safely. Started the cut with the 038 AV 32". It hasn't been run for about a year. Didn't want to run well at first.

So we fired up the Jred 70e 24" and got her tipped in the right spot with that. Runs out real well. This was my first whack at porting and has been a running out nicely. Dare I say it's a mean sob! The 8-pin sprocket doesn't phase it. But I want to swap in a 7 just to see if the extra torque helps er not.

Made a dozen or so cuts with the 038 after that seemed to have cleaned up and run well. Might be due for seals and carb kit.

Now back to cutting. Have a nice day!

Nice Jred mate, I've got a Jred621 I picked up from a garage sale for $25 - an absolute bargain and she runs like a clock too, heaps of torque, she weighs a ton compared to the Stihl 029 super but is still a great saw to use.

G0DNBL0l.jpg

Had a flashback to when men were men, and saws were made accordingly. I think the saw weighs almost as much as the jag of Oak. Yes I know the chain is loose, it will be adjusted before it's used again. Nothing like the sound of 100CC's. It wanted a bigger tree, but my trailer was loaded, and I wasn't going to lift anything bigger on the truck, when we can load the trailer with the FEL, Joe.
wNfw852.jpg

Had a flashback to when men were men, and saws were made accordingly. I think the saw weighs almost as much as the jag of Oak. Yes I know the chain is loose, it will be adjusted before it's used again. Nothing like the sound of 100CC's. It wanted a bigger tree, but my trailer was loaded, and I wasn't going to lift anything bigger on the truck, when we can load the trailer with the FEL, Joe.
wNfw852.jpg

Old skool is cool, nice saw mate and I agree nothing like 100cc or more to make you feel like a man!

So, this time at band camp, I scrounged me some wood. I think it's called big spruce, or somefink like that.

bigKauri.jpg

But it's the first time the big dog (395 with 42" bar) needed to be persuaded out the back of the truck. It had fair plissed itself when I pulled up alongside the big spruce.

bidDogScared.jpg

You can't see but I had to chain it to the big spruce for the photo because it wouldn't stay put. Just as well the authorities would put me behind bars if I knocked over that protected tree. So the big, albeit a bit wussy, dog, didn't actually have to cut that spruce.

But I did find some black spruce for it and the other dogs. Will post a bit more on that later on.

BTW, we don't have drop bears over here. I think we used to but the trees are so big the drop bears kill themselves in the fall.

Back