Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see a husky/J red in his future. This one's been to the dealer twice be for I went threw it and they told him there's nothing wrong. Maybe I'll give him my 490 and pick up a 501 for my self.
That's a bummer, they are probably right sort of, they are the ones that have a problem I'd bet.
Which jred is it again, sorry I have a hard time keeping everyone else saws straight lol.

Man thats a nice burn. We have wild roses out here that I ***** about but nothing like those thorns!
I like that way of removing them too :rock:. The bummer is many times it's not an option, the last one I was going to help a buddy remove was right next to a house and it was still green so I'm sure it wouldn't have burned that well and if it did his house would have burnt as well. The good thing is we did a bunch of other trees at that house and then he flipped it for about 40k profit :envy:.
Do those wild roses create lots of problems.

That's a bummer, they are probably right sort of, they are the ones that have a problem I'd bet.
Which jred is it again, sorry I have a hard time keeping everyone else saws straight lol.
It's a 2252. Steve's 241 is the only auto tune/ m tronic saw iv run that didn't have some issue. I got to play with a 550 and it was sluggish to accelerate almost boggy and now this 2252 that won't idle. Maybe it's a husky thing:innocent:.

It's a 2252. Steve's 241 is the only auto tune/ m tronic saw iv run that didn't have some issue. I got to play with a 550 and it was sluggish to accelerate almost boggy and now this 2252 that won't idle. Maybe it's a husky thing:innocent:.
What year is it. Some if the early models had that problem, but even then once over that initial stumble/flat spot they were screamers.
How many have you ran, and what models. I've only had that with one AT mtronic saw and it was a very early 550, stumbled a bit, but as long as you blipped the throttle a bit right before entering the cut it was great. My 2016 runs great and doesn't miss a beat. I had a starting issue on one of my 241's, but it only did it once in two years, most likely could have happened on a standard carb saw too.
I don't get to concerned with the AT/ mtronic saws, I've got many and I like them a lot, the 241 and the 550 get the most use.

The Cast Iron Pirate was by this week , in the back of his truck I saw a chainsaw bar ,,, so it stayed behind as he left lol

tpXZowC.jpg

mlHPHgH.jpg

Nothing special but it was free , original Pioneer bar and Pioneer chain , the air filter was clean and like new plus the cover doesn't even have a crack in it , I pulled the cord and it had awesome compression .
I poured out the stinky old gas dribbled a bit of fresh mix down the carb and away she lit right up :)
Looks like the carb will need a goin over so I'll drop it off to Pioneerguy600 and let him do his stuff .
Not sure what I'll do with it but hey , it's a save from the crusher and it was free :)
I like that one! It's a little under my 70CC limit for saws that I buy. But, I've only seen 3 Pioneers in my life, the only 1 I ever had was a 700D, the one at the get together a couple weeks ago, and now yours. So it might be under my set limit, it still has 70+CC's of cool factor down here. I'd keep it.

I like the old saws. They’re fun when you are just fiddling around and not worried about how much work is getting done. Imagine someone holding that when it was new and thinking they were the cats a$$.
Jeff, Brand Spanking New, to me, and I still think it's the cats A$$. I use this more than my 660 I bought new a couple years ago.
oMvl9JB.jpg

I had almost all pine last year for the OWB. It was 300* cooler burn and took more but it got it done.

Man thats a nice burn. We have wild roses out here that I ***** about but nothing like those thorns!

One does what needs to be done. I heated my house with straight willow for over 30 years. Cheapest wood by a bunch per BTU output. any better called for a 100 mile round trip to the mountains for fir, Tamarack. All day to bring home 3/4 cord was not a paying proposition when I could get the same amount of BTUs or more cutting willow a few miles from the house. Yes, one puts a lot more volume through the stove but it gets the job done. Those days are over though, the Locust borer killed black locust by the acre back in the 90s and I harvested every stick withing 30 miles that I could get. Had around 90 cord in my stash by 2010. Gradually burning my way through it mixed with willow and a few scores of hardwood that that come my way.

I am still selling willow at $120/cord and surprised people will pay that.

it runs great in the wood and will run all day on fast idle.

First thing I would do if it's not under warranty is to pull the muffler and check out the piston. But to be honest I would give the dealer a lot of heck of the problem started when it was under warranty and has not been fixed yet.
I'd check the intake for cracks as well.
Brian for Karla could be of a lot of help on it. I'd post the problem and the video in the GMT.

Back