Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two meanings here. For example “Hey dude, lets hook up Saturday and go fishing”
Or
“I heard John and Sarah hooked up after the party”
I quit using the term because when I go fishing, I want to fish, not worry about who’s worms are going in who’s tackle box! Lol!
Same here. Also meaning a successful deal, usually for drugs but could be something else. "Bob had a change in plans, so he hooked us up with some great hockey tickets for tonight's game."

primer question...my gf has a trimmer & she bought the brush head for it. It developed fuel line/primer bulb issues. Does the primer pressurize the tank or does the primer just push fuel toward the carb then draw fuel from the tank when you let off the bulb? I want to put new lines on it & bypass the bulb.

You got a saw that you can cut that stuff with?

Seriously, I would come up and help you, but I am homebound for the next week or so.

Philbert
You are always welcome to come up as time allows. If you brought your fleet of battery saws and I brought a couple buddies over you probably could sell a few of those units as people have been asking me about which ones are best.

Most of the trees pictured except for the ones next to the road will rot before I get to them......between the tops piles behind the cabin (both hard wood and drive-to aspen) and yard trees that need to go I am pretty much set for the next two to three years. I may tip over that monster tree to eliminate the chance that the broken part comes down on top of someone unexpectedly as decay sets in. But I am in no rush as I will need to eat away at it from the crown until the hanging part is suspended and then I can dump the rest over. I know it is full of core rot so despite it's large size there is not much there and not worth humping hollow rounds through the woods.

primer question...my gf has a trimmer & she bought the brush head for it. It developed fuel line/primer bulb issues. Does the primer pressurize the tank or does the primer just push fuel toward the carb then draw fuel from the tank when you let off the bulb? I want to put new lines on it & bypass the bulb.
So technically those are actually a purge bulb and not a primer bulb. A purge removes air from the system versus a primer actually shoots fuel into the intake. Primers are usually only used on larger engines like an outboard or snowmobile. If you bypass the purge it may be a little tougher to start but absolutely can be done. As long as the purge bulb is not cracked I would just suggest to replace the lines.

?? lol …… speaking of strange, the wording from british/aussie down under, has always made me shudder at the phrase of "mate or matey" listening to two blokes ???? lol its a strange world out there.
I always thought it was funny that "Proper English" of course came from England but the average englishman has dozens of slang words in their vocabulary and most of them do not actually pronounce words properly. Such as names that end with an "a" they pronounce with "er" Amanda is pronounced Amander.....I am lost lol. They call sausages "bangers" which is pretty darn funny if you think about it.

So technically those are actually a purge bulb and not a primer bulb. A purge removes air from the system versus a primer actually shoots fuel into the intake. Primers are usually only used on larger engines like an outboard or snowmobile. If you bypass the purge it may be a little tougher to start but absolutely can be done. As long as the purge bulb is not cracked I would just suggest to replace the lines.
There are 2 lines going to the tank. I'll have to see where they go. So just take the line from the tank that goes to the bulb and make it go strait to wherever it goes? I assume the carb? Then replace the other line exactly where it goes?

There are 2 lines going to the tank. I'll have to see where they go. So just take the line from the tank that goes to the bulb and make it go strait to wherever it goes? I assume the carb? Then replace the other line exactly where it goes?
Hopefully I type this to make sense.

If you are bypassing the purge, you need to figure out which line pulls fuel from the tank and connect that directly to the carb. The "return" lines for the remainder of the purge circuit need to be plugged.

I always thought it was funny that "Proper English" of course came from England but the average englishman has dozens of slang words in their vocabulary and most of them do not actually pronounce words properly. Such as names that end with an "a" they pronounce with "er" Amanda is pronounced Amander.....I am lost lol. They call sausages "bangers" which is pretty darn funny if you think about it.
so properly correct! and it is funny.... lol

Hopefully I type this to make sense.

If you are bypassing the purge, you need to figure out which line pulls fuel from the tank and connect that directly to the carb. The "return" lines for the remainder of the purge circuit need to be plugged.
now i really dont know. I will look.

now i really dont know. I will look.
One line coming from the tank will be the "pickup" and usually have a small filter at the end of it. This is the important line that needs to go to the carb. The other one just dumps excess fuel from the purge back into the tank. This one can either be left or plugged.

I agree with SVK keep the primer if you can. It's not hurting anything and running new lines isn't any more difficult with it there. Why do you want to bypass it?

As a Spurs fan I'm particularly proud.
12 players represented their county at the world cup, rose, dier, trippier, Dele, Kane, loris, alderwireld, vertogongen, dembele, eriksen, son, sanchez. Only son went home from round 1. Erik and Sanchez from round 2, all 9 remaining progressed through the quarters to semis. Our captain, and captain of his country, Hugo Loris, makes Sundays final (along with ex-spur corluka, and the world's greatest footballer and ex-spur, modric). They played well, and as young men they have a great future. Come on England! Come on England! #threelions!

Back