Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silver maple will grow like that if you don’t trim the suckers. I have a couple silvers, one I let go into a double but I think it will be alright. The others I kept down to a single. D48FB32C-F4F7-4529-87BC-21CE757D05C7.jpegThis guy is 10 years old, you can see the suckers at the bottom. I weedwhacked a few weeks ago! So you can imagine if I hadn’t weedwhacked in 10 years!

And I would have gotten the leaders disconnected but the top one twisted just as it was about to separate.

First time I’ve ever had to leave a bar in the woods. I normally have a second saw with me.

View attachment 664567 View attachment 664568

Doh! I make it a point to always have two saws so if I get one stuck I can sticks the other right beside it.

Doh! I make it a point to always have two saws so if I get one stuck I can sticks the other right beside it.

Reminds me of a recent trip cutting with a couple of mates, first one got the Husky stuck, the 2nd mate went to help and got his stuck too then I had to come along and rescue em witht the Stihl:laugh:

I think my record is three stuck saws in a single storm downed oak. I say saws because you can’t usually remove the power head on an outside clutch saw.

A good wedge driving axe can be more useful than a second saw. Chop some wood wedges to fit and drive them home works a lot of the time.

Ron

Back