Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh carp....the end fell off my wood stack. I caught it and stopped a complete collapse and restacked the end but...it won't last. the stack also has a rather large bulge in it. I'm wishing I'd got around to building some racks now. I can feel a wasted hour or 2 restacking coming on.

How do you get the sticks out after you cut them up?
In this case, we just cut them up enough to get them up on the bank. Their main fear was that more water would cause the creek to dam and back up.

Other folks cut them into shorter lengths for removal or chipping.

Philbert

oh carp....the end fell off my wood stack. I caught it and stopped a complete collapse and restacked the end but...it won't last. the stack also has a rather large bulge in it. I'm wishing I'd got around to building some racks now. I can feel a wasted hour or 2 restacking coming on.

Yeah I have the same prob here at times, when I get around to building my wood shed it will be set up so this isn't an issue anymore (I think I will have 2 or 3 or even 4 bays) where I can stack all different types of wood from ready to burn to slightly green and different sizes from starter wood to overnighters. Whatever it is it will be simple but effective and keep everything tidy instead of the mess it is at the moment.

I run Stihls and McCullochs. I will say this for having a Stihl for a 2nd saw versus an axe - it makes a way better chock. Ron

View attachment 664789
So that's what you use those orange things for! I've got 3-4 of them and they just sit under my Cuda. On stuff like that I use my Super 1050 or my Mac 550.

Actually an 036Pro. Hurt the plastics a little. MAC SP125C put it on the ground with a little side trimming with the 036Pro. SP125C and PM800 sliced it up. Deere rescued the Stihl.

View attachment 664798View attachment 664804 View attachment 664799 View attachment 664800View attachment 664801
I should have looked a bit better :dumb:.
Those rounds looks so skinny when they are that tall lol.
Did you get it the 036 fixed up.
The plastics on mine look pretty clean.
Hopefully I didn't post these before, sorry if so guys.
This was a scrounge anyway lol.
Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.04.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.04.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.05.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.06.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.08.59 PM.png

I could see an 8 pin rim with a 24 being a good setup for the 7910. Mine pulled a 32 buried and didn't seem like it was even working hard yet.
I would work the chain a bit rather than going with an 8 pin, on a 20 it would do fine though.
But maybe we have different standards :cheers:.

Used my wife’s blow dryer and got it presentable. Ron
Been there with a few projects, needed something to heat up the decals and I don't have a heat gun, but she has a commercial hair drier:chainsaw::lol:.
Glad it was okay, those are great old saws. I just got another 026 last week, and I'm a husky guy :D.

Latest posts

Back