Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have any Pro saws, I’m just a rookie. :innocent:
I feel your pain:yes:. Split mag case is how most define "pro saw" unless it says ECHO on it :crazy2:.

And yes , I'd be happy with some snow about now :)
Me to. I'd much rather be cutting in 30-40* temps then 80-90s.

The hip shouldn’t be bad, like you I’ve seen and heard nothing but horror stories about knees. My knee won’t get done until I have to crawl.
I had my shoulder repaired about 3 years ago. My knee replaced 2 years ago. I was out climbing ladders and tearing down a tornado damaged house 2 weeks after the shoulder surgery. Wait until you are on a 9in12 pitch roof trying to hang onto the lathing and and removing screws with one hand. Cant go up, cant climb down and you realize this move wasnt very smart.
With my knee, I am still having trouble. went thru 6 weeks of PT and then had to have Manipulation and another 6 weeks of PT. 2 months of going to the gym do more PT after that, still having trouble. Went to a different doctor early this year and he said there is nothing wrong with my surgery and that there was nothing he could do to make things better. Hurts in the morning and hurts at night.. It was that way before the surgery, but I believe it is worse now. My sister had both of her knees replaced and runs around like a spring chicken. I guess the surgery effects different people different ways. My mother in law has had both hips replaced in the last 3 or 4 years and shes 83. Hips dont bother her, but she has other medical problems that slow her down.

My 7910 has a 24 on it but had no problem pulling a 32 buried at the last gtg I was at. The 490 is my go to for most stuff I cut. Its leaving for a good cause soon. Replacement will be a 501 with the 3/8lp setup that's on the 490 now. They don't come any lighter at 50cc that iv seen

View attachment 667671 Agree when it comes to locust the fiskars is faster then the splitter.
Depending on what size splits u want

Depending on what size splits u want
Maybe.
Hope you aren't one of those people that can get poison just by looking at it. There's lots of it ware I'm cutting at the farm. Got offered 3 big oaks at another property they have. There taking them down in September.

Maybe.
Hope you aren't one of those people that can get poison just by looking at it. There's lots of it ware I'm cutting at the farm. Got offered 3 big oaks at another property they have. There taking them down in September.
No.....but I believe u r...am I correct??

I had my shoulder repaired about 3 years ago. My knee replaced 2 years ago. I was out climbing ladders and tearing down a tornado damaged house 2 weeks after the shoulder surgery. Wait until you are on a 9in12 pitch roof trying to hang onto the lathing and and removing screws with one hand. Cant go up, cant climb down and you realize this move wasnt very smart.
With my knee, I am still having trouble. went thru 6 weeks of PT and then had to have Manipulation and another 6 weeks of PT. 2 months of going to the gym do more PT after that, still having trouble. Went to a different doctor early this year and he said there is nothing wrong with my surgery and that there was nothing he could do to make things better. Hurts in the morning and hurts at night.. It was that way before the surgery, but I believe it is worse now. My sister had both of her knees replaced and runs around like a spring chicken. I guess the surgery effects different people different ways. My mother in law has had both hips replaced in the last 3 or 4 years and shes 83. Hips dont bother her, but she has other medical problems that slow her down.
I remember you got yours done right after me. My PT kept bugging me to get a second opinion. She wanted me to have mine manipulated, but it was after 6 weeks, and my surgeon said no. So I went to another surgeon, by then it was 6 months, and he said the work on my knee was beautiful. Then asked how long it was bad. I said 10-15 years. He said that sometimes when the knee goes that long you don't get much gain because every thing in there has kind of set. He said to keep doing squats and hope for the best. At 6 months I quit PT and started at the health club. Made all my gains after 6 months. The Doc that gave me the second opinion said they have a 30-30-30 saying after 6 months if you try to manipulate the joint. 30 percent chance of ripping all the muscles and tendons, 30 percent chance of breaking the leg, and 30 percent chance of success. He said if you gain 1 degree of movement, that's considered a success. He didn't like manipulation at all.

Thanks fellas. The doc knows the wife and her family. She gave him some info on me before surgery, that and just the way I look, he knew it would be tough for me to do nothing. So much so he has called me 3 times at home. haha but he is a great guy and just wants the best results for me. Good luck to everyone facing surgery as well

Latest posts

Back