Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. spotted a potential scrounge other day on side of residential driveway. couple good wheelbarrow fills. long limbs. could be oak. think I will go back tomorrow with saw in back... and see if they want it removed. :)

gone! :cool:

could have hit n missed and prob got 5 cu ft of scrounges wood today that I saw going and coming back. but dint feel like stopping... one stop for a nice load ok. 3 stops for half a**'d load?... pass

Dont know if its firewood or money wood. I'll figure it out next December when it's ready to be something other then just more wood.

smokinggeeks' site says:

Unlike heavy woods such as oak, which is only good with meats such as beef, cherry is versatile; it can be used with all meats, from beef and pork to fish and chicken. Smoking aficionados have used cherry wood to smoke for years, but if you’re new to the art of smoking you may have hesitations.

...yet another! boy, that says it all. nothing worse on a combine that a shaft's failed bearing... other than both ends... nice u could help him with the wood splitting.
Yeah it was in the gearbox on the 2sp cylinder. He was debating with himself on a new shaft and/or bearing and race/cup and go. I think he settled on not the shaft for now. JD is $900 AM $600 used $435 so putting it off might be best if he gets his crop in.

I kept my thoughts to myself because they involve insurance and fire...

Yeah it was in the gearbox on the 2sp cylinder. He was debating with himself on a new shaft and/or bearing and race/cup and go. I think he settled on not the shaft for now. JD is $900 AM $600 used $435 so putting it off might be best if he gets his crop in.

ball, needle or race... once the case hardening starts to fail... its all over but the shouting

I kept my thoughts to myself because they involve insurance and fire...

A bag of plain chips works great , leaves no trace of an accelerent ,,, for starting a fire in the furnace lol

Ran my newest creation today, an Asian 660 (Blue Beast) with an 066 cylinder. Saw was well mannered and ran strong, especially for being on it's first tank of fuel.

Was also my first time out cutting since I pinched a nerve in my back 3+ weeks ago. My PT guy said just don't oved do it, so I didn't.

It is a Red Maple at my Daughter's house. The Town took it down because the Tornado in the Spring broke the telephone pole and oil from the transformer was all over this tree.

The 28" bar barely poked through it. My Mustang likes the color! Have more pics, but they are "too large"
You should make a video. I’ll bet I’m not the only guy on hear who would like to hear it running. Careful with that back, I know it’s hard for an active man to stay still for long but you don’t want to wind up back where you started.

I was going to say, it was enough for me to cut the dang wood, and you want a video??? I'll see what I can do, there is more wood left over there, and the rain should stop sometime during my lifetime. I hear we got over 3" with this last storm. Guess we should be lucky it was not snow, but 60* on the first day of winter just seems kinda weird!

I was going to say, it was enough for me to cut the dang wood, and you want a video??? I'll see what I can do, there is more wood left over there, and the rain should stop sometime during my lifetime. I hear we got over 3" with this last storm. Guess we should be lucky it was not snow, but 60* on the first day of winter just seems kinda weird!

MM - and while you are at it... how about a couple of vids of...

lol j/k

View attachment 692005 I think I have some kind of crab apple. Bark and color say not the cherry I was told it was. On the plus side the air box mods I did on the 355t really maid a difference pics to come.

I was going to say that last time you posted, but didn't want to seem like I was being a PITA! Still real nice wood, may even be higher BTUs!

My son had a good week. Sunday he gave up trophy hunting and took this nice doe. 112# of meat from her.

So wed he got his limit of walleye on Red Lake (4).

So just now he filled my freezer. Well not really but #15 ground venison, 6-pks of backstrap chops and 3 of the walleye.

Was pretty cool of him I thought. Trying to plan some fishing days after the holidays.

Latest posts

Back