Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@James Miller please don't think I'm just being a jerk. I can be one at times, but this isn't one of those times.
Maybe your hearing protection isn't visible (in the ear plugs), or it was only off for the photo op, but if you aren't using it regularly you should.
You're young & invincible, take it from someone who once was too, hearing loss sucks.

@James Miller please don't think I'm just being a jerk. I can be one at times, but this isn't one of those times.
Maybe your hearing protection isn't visible (in the ear plugs), or it was only off for the photo op, but if you aren't using it regularly you should.
You're young & invincible, take it from someone who once was too, hearing loss sucks.
I've always found it odd I wear plugs at work and at the range. Grab a saw and I don't think about it but I should. Iv had my knee locked in a brace for 6 weeks and tore up a rotator cuff in the past few years. Learning that I don't bounce anymore I break is one of the harder things I've had to learn.

@panolo If you know what a Commodore 64 is your a lot older than what your profile says.:laughing:

Age is correct but my dad was a different guy. He'd kick someones ass if they needed it, swap your truck engine out before lunch, or build you a computer. We were the first family in town to have a computer. Always had some type of computing equipment around. When I was in high school I used to fix all the computers to get out of detention.

My wife insisted that I get my hearing checked/hearing aids or it could be hazardous to our marriage, if she didn't kill me first. And I don't remember being careless about hearing protection, especially running chainsaws, since my dad got his first diesel tractor about 1970.

Audiologist says electric powered tools can damage hearing too. When it happened and what all contributed to my hearing loss, can't say at this point, except that it has s cumulative. Everything contributes.

Four or five years ago, my hearing aids cost $1700 each. You can put that off by using hearing protection now, at every opportunity. When it gets to where you can't hear, you won't be able to hear the steel plate or the tree starting to move either. Or your wife calling the divorce lawyer, or loading the gun.

+1. I am totally deaf in my right ear (chain saw side) and partially in the left ear. I started wearing hearing protection way to late butnow I won't even run a lawn mower without them.

My porch. Not my dog.

He hates the wet so he spends days like this here. He belongs next door. He is 12 his name is Duke.

Eats my cats food, digs holes and sheots in my yard... Bastard!

Awww...… how can you be mad at that ole dog? Look at that white face.... he has earned it.

He is funny. If I start the tractor and he's not busy and the weather's not too crappy he follows me around. If he is having a tough day he may lay in the sun halfway there and watch me cutting or splitting. True farm dog. Just hates to get his feet wet! So much for being a water dog! He will be 13 soon and has earned some down time.

Back