Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even made another ax throwing target to take to my buddy tonight.

Now if your really good you could do some maul throwing and split the lot up :).

Jeff
I'm a little afraid that may happen with the ax throwing! It's straight grained and easy splitting - the maple I gave him had a twist in the grain of almost 45°.

If I'm thinking of splitting by throwing the maul I suppose I should stack the rounds so the splits end up stacked too.

Snow here today to start off the year , yesterday to finish off the year I put together another woodrack by the door and filled it so now there's about 1 1/2 cord by the door :)
I had to do an intown run yesterday afternoon , I spotted a 1/2 ton parked on the side of the highway ,no one around , thot to myself "Strange place to park , not there for ice fishing , might be broke down or he's scrounging firewood " .
Sure enough , on the way back the truck's still there parked beside a little green belt of spruce and firs that was spared by a forest fire several years ago .
When I got closer a fella pops out from the wall of green with a 6' stick of wood and throws it in his truck , he was headed back in the wall of green when I checked my rearview mirror lol

Ah the joys of saws, my 880 has just gone to the dealer for the second time for warranty work, and only after about 10-12 tanks through it. Gone beyond disappointed at this stage
Are you having a go at the dark hedges then? Lol. I didn't see many 880 worthy trees when I was over there.

20190101_163656.jpg Scrounged this up for my daughters go-kart project. $40 never been out of the plastic.
Happy New Year scroungers. May your year be filled with more wood than you can cut and split.:rock2:
Hopeing by next week I'll be drowning in wood. Don't have room for any more but can't say no when its 2 minutes from the house.

Installed the piston, cylinder, flywheel (key cut .020), oil pump and clutch.

Maybe we can breath life into it tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20190101_181022068.jpg
    IMG_20190101_181022068.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20190101_181008972.jpg
    IMG_20190101_181008972.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20190101_143639156.jpg
    IMG_20190101_143639156.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190101_142229820_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190101_142229820_HDR.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
ah even when it's not running, it will still run rings around a "hoosky"

Meanwhile my 20yr old + Hoosky will be out cutting wood today whilst yours is back in again for it's regular visit to the dealer for yet again another pep talk to make it run.:p

And my Hoosky's never had to go to a saw doctor to help it work, it just starts and gets stuck in year after year:happybanana:

Meanwhile my 20yr old + Hoosky will be out cutting wood today whilst yours is back in again for it's regular visit to the dealer for yet again another pep talk to make it run.:p

And my Hoosky's never had to go to a saw doctor to help it work, it just starts and gets stuck in year after year:happybanana:
a bit of brand bashing every now and again is needed to shake this place up

Back