Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or not see it.

When my Dad was in the reserves, to get him ready for WWII, they sent him to VT in the winter and TX in the summer, I can tell you he never returned to either place!

In TX, he said some guy went out to relieve himself in the night and stepped in the wrong place and he did not survive (they must have been mating and he got bit several times). Another guy woke up in the morning to discover one in the sleeping bag with him, but he was very careful and did not get bit.

the US Marines... is the south pacific... WWII... had to endure temps where it was 120f+ in the shade! no cold :cheers: for beer-30! but, it was reported, that they din't mind!... only thing worse than warm beer is... no doubt!... no beer! lol

zdb.jpg

I read this post and started to laugh . the wife asks what's so funny ?
This afternoon she had called me about a shed fore sale on one of her facebook groups polly 25 miles from home , I explained her the logistics of picking up a shed , hauling it 25 miles and then trying to place it where it should go Lol
Call your buddy and ask how many beer for 25 miles :)

to drink while hauling?... :drinking:

or for payment: services rendered? :cheers:

better be sure the 'slow moving vehicle' sign is easily in view: :givebeer:

lol

Every part of this property is beautiful. Just sold for 2.1 million. Going to see if the new owners are as friendly as the folks there now but not getting my hopes up. 27 acres to scrounge on would be great 30 seconds from home. Doing paperwork tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow pics will have the ford in it.

no doubt!! right up there with walking across the street and scrounging oak and pecan! :D

Or not see it.

When my Dad was in the reserves, to get him ready for WWII, they sent him to VT in the winter and TX in the summer, I can tell you he never returned to either place!

In TX, he said some guy went out to relieve himself in the night and stepped in the wrong place and he did not survive (they must have been mating and he got bit several times). Another guy woke up in the morning to discover one in the sleeping bag with him, but he was very careful and did not get bit.

almost sounds like fake news!! but... no doubt MM is a truthful guy! lol ;)

almost sounds like fake news!! but... no doubt MM is a truthful guy! lol ;)

Because Reptiles are cold blooded, they are attracted to warmth. That is why they sun themselves on rocks and pavement during the day, but at night …

I have also seen this is a big problem in parts of India and other poor places where people sleep on the floor.

And you thought your bed was just to keep you comfortable!!!

Hit 95 with humidity at my shop today , don't even know what that "Feels Like" temp was ...
Got in a black SUV this afternoon , the sweat started pouring off of me before I closed the door Lol
Last Friday I was burning some kindling and a stick of spruce to get rid of the chill and dampness in the house .
I'd rather be burning spruce :)

C67ED81B-EC0D-4B21-9CFC-FB70F7B04FA8.jpeg Same here with the heat. Temp was low 90’s and humidity was in the 90’s also. Didn’t cut any wood, trying to make room for all that white oak. Got a half cord stacked from the previous oak scrounge, another half + to go. Not a bad scrounge for 1 tree and I gave the guy with the backhoe half the trunk for dragging it up to the road. Going to try to go back to the white oak in the morning to finish up the last of the limbs before starting on the trunk, forecast is t-showers.

Hot swampy day in the welding shop today. Haven't done any wood as other priorities have demanded attention. Wandered around the woodpile tonight at sunset. Been busy gathering our gear together for the annual fishing trip with my 3 boys. 3 days chasing walleye and bass on the French river here in Ontario. After that maybe I'll get stacking and moving.
fd9f5de11be5362cc2fe314ac03dd0e7.jpg
fda125bc224f8768e65896d1ac8e993f.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hit 95 with humidity at my shop today , don't even know what that "Feels Like" temp was ...
Got in a black SUV this afternoon , the sweat started pouring off of me before I closed the door Lol
Last Friday I was burning some kindling and a stick of spruce to get rid of the chill and dampness in the house .
I'd rather be burning spruce :)
Dan, even I'd rather be burning spruce than dealing with this heat lol.
I did scrounge up a smaller elm that died at my place, right next to the woodpile :happybanana:.
The Kubota gave it a shove and made it lean a little(away from the drive) then I let the rain wash the stump off a bit, next thing you know it was down. I had to wait a few days to buck it up as I been pretty sick the last couple weeks and I had to use what energy I had to make it to my daughters wedding :).
The ported 361 didn't have any problem with that little elm:chainsaw:.

Back