Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I will admit this one gave me the willies and has been put off for a long while. Came down and no one was hurt and no equipment was harmed. Though I truly despise the filter flapper choke on the 038!

bank of america branch near here

nearest chase near me

Now its clouding over so gonna shift gears and try to mow some!! Get my heart back in my chest!
it does feel good some times to choke the hell out of something that scare the crap out of you!! nothing wrong with taking the last few breaths out of an angry ole oak that is bent on destruction and possible death of a firewood gather! lol just don't get to used to choking too many or someone might try and ban your log chain!!!!??? …

Nice haul James, it doesn't get much better than that.
Really like the truck, congrats:cheers:.
I like the truck to other then the slipping trans that didn't show up during the test drive :mad:. Guy wont answer his phone. Wonder if he will answer his door. 4r100 trans aren't cheap.

I like the truck to other then the slipping trans that didn't show up during the test drive :mad:. Guy wont answer his phone. Wonder if he will answer his door. 4r100 trans aren't cheap.
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.
I helped my daughters mom buy a car one time, only thing I could find wrong with it was the tires wear getting low, he knocked a bit off for them and she bought it. It was at the very top of the price for our market and that vehicle, wasn't but a week later the trans went out, she called him and he paid for a new one :clap:.
Hopefully he will make it right, especially if he knew about it.

Looks like you are lookin at least 2 grand for a rebuilt one....Good Luck....I feel your pain!

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.
I helped my daughters mom buy a car one time, only thing I could find wrong with it was the tires wear getting low, he knocked a bit off for them and she bought it. It was at the very top of the price for our market and that vehicle, wasn't but a week later the trans went out, she called him and he paid for a new one :clap:.
Hopefully he will make it right, especially if he knew about it.
I'm hoeing he will atleast help me out. It's not looking good as he wouldn't respond to text or phone calls all day yesterday.

Looks like you are lookin at least 2 grand for a rebuilt one....Good Luck....I feel your pain!
Trucks not going anywhere. If he wont help with a rebuild it will probably get a BTS or Dorsey stage one setup. Worth the extra grand to have the factory weak links upgraded if I've already got to pull it out and replace.

MOFO saw day … my Hybrid and 360 both got good workouts dropping two tall Ash trees. The 360 did the limbing and small bucking and the Hybrid did the felling and larger bucking.

The first one was no problem, leaning the correct way, the second one (pictured) was leaning the wrong way and had to be roped. First I determined that my Maadsen Rope pull could move it, then (with a tight rope) I cut the notch and back cut, then pulled it over. I love that rope puller!

It was only about 18" at the base, but very tall. Lots of nice firewood from these two, and it will be good for this year!

Attachments

• IMG_20190705_110210662.jpg
    IMG_20190705_110210662.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20190705_110159118.jpg
    IMG_20190705_110159118.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 18
spotted 4 pecan chunks in this pile just down the street a bit. by time I got it in gear... 3 gone! the ez to split bbq smoker chunks. lol. left the Y. but, I wanted it... imo, nice piece of pecan. pecan smoked chicken is very, very... tasty! and a fav of mine. just done and out of the smoker is a culinary treat!! :yes:

PC100013.JPG PC100014.JPG

prob not too many here's cup-a-tea... but great for me! :D this pile had the oak top that fell out of neighbor's oak tree. not 20+ acres of it, but none the less... only about 5 seconds away... lol. ok, 10! ;) busted up with small pcs about when hit. bag full of it. passed on that. but the oak is too much for me to pass up. glad to have it. don't need it, but glad to have it! :popcorn2:

PC100016.JPG PC100017.JPG PC100026.JPG

cuttin' a small sapling for some yard work... my CS-271T popped its chain! locked up, jammed into clutch area and bit case... stuck 2 links... hard! bit of a chore to loosed back up, but now smooth. left me with this. guess some more chain work still to do, then sharpen...

PC120030.JPG PC120031.JPG

cleaned up the front circle... since still have 2 pretty good piles of farwood-to-cut... a treat for the neighbors... :laughing: :D collated; now, one pile more or less to cut and split, another some to split but mostly just cut and stack. down from 3. 80 cu ft cut so far. and stacked. getting close to a full cord. might get close to 2 cords. that would be nice. PC100018.JPG PC100019.JPG

It's been in the 90's here, not fun for working in but gotta get the wood in for the year. I drank over 1/2 gallon of grape Sqwincher yesterday and lots of water. Grape Sqwincher tastes better than Gatorade and does the same thing. Horse fly'es are out in droves this year and the Off repelant does not do allot to keep them away, gotta find something better. Today was another hot one so I took a break from the firewood and offed some of our Cornish meat birds. Now I am putting up our old 10 -20 tent frame. I put skids on the bottom to keep wood dry and I am going to get a 16 -20 trap and some conduit pipe for an overhead. The 10 -20 shed is full so I'll use the tent for the rest of the wood this year. No stacking under the tent just tossing it in.
004.JPG

@Logger nate Here’s the 490 conversion vid. Had a hard time keeping any saw tuned today, 91 and humidity was 94!!!!! Cut for 1 hour and quit, brought home a trailer load, that’s it. All that’s left for next week is the trunk and the first run of the 9010.
Sounds a tad rich to me. Or maybe mines on the ragged edge :chainsaw:. Going to order a whole clutch assembly for mine and get it back in action. Just put the parts I don't need on the shelf.

20190706_141206.jpg Fiskered up the first load for the Ford today. Not sure why I took the picture from the tailgate. Probly because I was swimming in sweat and wanted to get the truck unloaded and hit the pool.20190706_132208.jpg One for you bug ID folks. Not a wasp/bee/hornet/yellowjacket. Not big enough to be a cicada killer. Never seen one till I started on this last oak. Just kinda hovered around and watched me work.

Back