Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of Dodge. No written info other than the number. No rust at all. May have unseen body work, don't know, I only stayed long enough to snap the pics. My neighbor just put one of his Dodge trucks at the end of the road too. It's 4X4, standard cab, red, duelly dump, looks like 10 or 12 foot bed. has been garage kept looks brad new. Its the new body style.I'll get pics of it later.20190804_111659.jpg 20190804_111646.jpg 20190804_111640.jpg 20190804_111610.jpg 20190804_111634.jpg

So I talked to Zogger, for his initial treatment he is going to be doing chemo and radiation 5-6 days a week for 2-3 months.

Is there anyone interested in helping out with a fundraiser for Zogger that is fluent on both sites? Really need someone to be a go-to “over there” if we want to make this work.

Please PM me if you would like to help.

If we can get this going I’ll throw in a saw (model TBD) and a new JH Pickaroon to get the raffle started.

Let me check my sig..... that’s 16.55 cord!

Heh. I've got north of 60 cord very well cured black locust. But ran out of dry firewood in Feb. I started the season with 6 cord in the woodshed and porch and somehow ran through all of it in spiteof a very mild winter. I spent 2 months hauling wet wood from the outside stacks.

So I talked to Zogger, for his initial treatment he is going to be doing chemo and radiation 5-6 days a week for 2-3 months.

Is there anyone interested in helping out with a fundraiser for Zogger that is fluent on both sites? Really need someone to be a go-to “over there” if we want to make this work.

Please PM me if you would like to help.

If we can get this going I’ll throw in a saw (model TBD) and a new JH Pickaroon to get the raffle started.
Good luck with it. Worst case perhaps someone could start it on here until it gets picked up / syndicated elsewhere? :)

I’ll run the thing if nobody else will but I know my chairing of it wouldn’t help get any support over there and that’s not fair to zog.
I hear ya, and good on you for considering that. I'm not up to running it. Hopefully someone can step up.

BTW, mate did buy that boat up there but he still doesn't know how he is going to get it to NZ, if it will fit in a 40' container if he can find someone to build a cradle that can tip the boat a little to fit. Kinda a crucial detail to overlook until after the $ is paid but is what it is.

And, yeah, those too good to be true battery deals on ebay a while back were...to good to be true and refunds issued.

Ysht1s4.jpg

Day 2 , back at it , not much spruce in that tree line :(
We used the PortaWinch on a couple this morning

aLx0gwF.jpg

The winch and the skidcone get my thumbs up :rock:
He hasn't gotten the optional pulley that will give more speed but the stock one is still lightyears ahead of an electric winch .
This was still hard to watch

gpuHR2M.jpg

jkRdwgh.jpg

:cry:

We only worked half the day but managed to get a fair load of chip in his F550

i4HPWiy.jpg

Didn't run this stuff through the chipper so I could get an id on this not Spruce

hcZMTLf.jpg

I even kept the Zoggerwood size of this type of not Spruce just in case it might be good stuff ;)
Back at it tomorrow for a full day , I'll run the 262 and 362 tomorrow to get more time on them .

I hear ya, and good on you for considering that. I'm not up to running it. Hopefully someone can step up.
It’s pretty straightforward and could actually be two or three people: one to run the gofundme page, one to cross post the list of donations to the raffle between both sites, and one to do the actual drawing at the end.

BTW, mate did buy that boat up there but he still doesn't know how he is going to get it to NZ, if it will fit in a 40' container if he can find someone to build a cradle that can tip the boat a little to fit. Kinda a crucial detail to overlook until after the $ is paid but is what it is.

And, yeah, those too good to be true battery deals on ebay a while back were...to good to be true and refunds issued.
Yikes, that could get costly in a hurry!

Sorry to hear about the batteries. I got kind of a bum steer deal on some Dewalt knock offs this spring myself. They’ll sorta work on the drill for a while but won’t work on the circular saw. Oh well I have two half assed knock off batteries and two nearly dead Dewalt batteries so I can usually do evening projects around the house before they go dead.

took time away from firewood to finish off the rest of our meat chickens. I'll be curious to see what the big rooster weight is when we bag them up. Now that the hoop house is empty we moved the turkey in, better air flow than their coop. Picking wild red raspberry and black berry today, gotta love them. The only time of the year I like the thorny under brush.

It’s pretty straightforward and could actually be two or three people: one to run the gofundme page, one to cross post the list of donations to the raffle between both sites, and one to do the actual drawing at the end.
Is there anyone on here that's also on over there that could ask if there's someone over there that is keen to help? I only ever corresponded with Randy via PM's but I'm not on there anymore and whilst I made it clear when I left it was primarily a need to reduce my time online, I also mentioned I wasn't happy with having a post moderated into the ether so it was probably a good time for me to pull the plug. I'm not sure if that left a sour note with any of the higher ups at that site or not so best I stay out of it too, just in case ;-)

Is there anyone on here that's also on over there that could ask if there's someone over there that is keen to help? I only ever corresponded with Randy via PM's but I'm not on there anymore and whilst I made it clear when I left it was primarily a need to reduce my time online, I also mentioned I wasn't happy with having a post moderated into the ether so it was probably a good time for me to pull the plug. I'm not sure if that left a sour note with any of the higher ups at that site or not so best I stay out of it too, just in case ;-)
There’s several good guys who are active on both.

And the former HBIC moderator there flew the coop to parts unknown about a year ago.

There’s several good guys who are active on both.

And the former HBIC moderator there flew the coop to parts unknown about a year ago.
If you would like I'll send randy a PM and see if he can find someone to work it over there. These types of things tend to pull even people that don't see eye to eye together for the good of the cause. Assuming your talking about O P E

If you would like I'll send randy a PM and see if he can find someone to work it over there. These types of things tend to pull even people that don't see eye to eye together for the good of the cause. Assuming your talking about O P E
Hold off till we can see if we can just get someone active on both sites to volunteer.

Back