Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the flags in front of my office was in need of retirement. Will hold the actual retirement ceremony at a later date. Replaced it with a new flag.

View attachment 751323 View attachment 751324
Looks like a nice Flag. I have the Flag from my Dad's funeral, military honors. We put it in one of those triangle cases with his dog tags. I've been wanting to get one for my brother. He was buried in his uniform with all of his medals. I want to get duplicates. I know he had several Bronze Stars and The Vietnamese Gallantry Cross with Silver Star.. I was at an auction 2-3 weeks ago and they had a Military flag already in the triangle case, got it for $10. My brother did not die in Nam, he was hit by an old man running a red light. But, he still served his country. I find it sad that some of our Fathers or Brothers were buried with honors, and their flags wound up at an auction and sold for ten bucks. If you just look at these flags you can tell they probably cost a couple hundred dollars. Now I can at least put this Flag back in a place of honor in my home. Thanks to the Vet that earned it.

Looks like a nice Flag. I have the Flag from my Dad's funeral, military honors. We put it in one of those triangle cases with his dog tags. I've been wanting to get one for my brother. He was buried in his uniform with all of his medals. I want to get duplicates. I know he had several Bronze Stars and The Vietnamese Gallantry Cross with Silver Star.. I was at an auction 2-3 weeks ago and they had a Military flag already in the triangle case, got it for $10. My brother did not die in Nam, he was hit by an old man running a red light. But, he still served his country. I find it sad that some of our Fathers or Brothers were buried with honors, and their flags wound up at an auction and sold for ten bucks. If you just look at these flags you can tell they probably cost a couple hundred dollars. Now I can at least put this Flag back in a place of honor in my home. Thanks to the Vet that earned it.
It was a good, old school cloth flag that my grandpa had for as long as I could remember. I put it out this spring after it had sat in the garage for years after we sold their house.

I agree with your thoughts.

I have my great grandfather’s burial flag. It sat in a cedar chest at my parents for about 35 years before I framed it. I put it above the front window so it won’t receive any sunlight to avoid fading.

436E8B2C-FC16-483F-9DD2-38BA06E574E8.jpeg

So I talked to Zogger, for his initial treatment he is going to be doing chemo and radiation 5-6 days a week for 2-3 months.

Is there anyone interested in helping out with a fundraiser for Zogger that is fluent on both sites? Really need someone to be a go-to “over there” if we want to make this work.

Please PM me if you would like to help.

If we can get this going I’ll throw in a saw (model TBD) and a new JH Pickaroon to get the raffle started.
I’ll donate a 6401 PHO. Only have 1 tank of fuel thru it since I bought it from Brett, @chipper1. I think it may be ported. Just never gets used. Any questions about it, ask @chipper1.

I’ll donate a 6401 PHO. Only have 1 tank of fuel thru it since I bought it from Brett, @chipper1. I think it may be ported. Just never gets used. Any questions about it, ask @chipper1.
That’s very generous of you.

I just threw a post up over in the chainsaw forum. Just need a few folks to pitch in to spread out the workload.

Well , was backatter again today , I so prefer the winter for these projects Lol
We made progress , what takes time away from making headway is the chipping, but it's a part of the job so it has to be done .
Jeff was happy with where we got to today , a lot chipped and plenty of big stuff cut , he likes the tricks I showed him , he does mainly resi work and climbing , gardens and plantings
He never used a felling lever before and was skeptical but after seeing one in action he's a believer, the self opening snatchblock was used all day for redirects as well .
I ran the 261 and the 362 , both are nice runners , I found the 362 lighter feeling in the hands than my 034 Super and Mtronic plus the better av a winner , the 261 are nice and no slouch so I'd be happy owning one of those as well but with so many hours on my 241 I find my cuts more accurate but given enough seat time with a 261 I wouldn't complain about owning one .

VMpkHdm.jpg

6ydo0xw.jpg

Today's chip run , the trailer overfloweth Lol

Been a while since I have done a chipper job , I forgot about the beating that the arms get when it's t-shirt weather, looks like I fell in a thorn bush lol
I have a job removing some lead-contaminated soil, and had to cut down a couple acres to get at it...

We chipped about 300CY today...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back