Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang man!

They look plump!

Mulberry?

Did you plant it?

If so..

How many years did after planting did it take for the plants to start produce nice sized one like that?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
BlackBerry. I planted that bush about 10 years ago, took about 5 years for it to start producing like that. It’s loaded this year.

Backyard scrounge . The old pear tree couldn't take the weight of all the pears I guess. Rot in the center of the limb. I think the whole tree is coming down after the wife's flowers are done.View attachment 751796 View attachment 751797

Hate to see that you lost a yard tree and a fruit tree at that. But should be real nice BTUs for a stove or for a smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0807191102a_Burst01.jpg 0807191337a_Burst02.jpg Have to admit, I may have changed mind about 50cc saws. Have owned several and never could justify keeping them. @chipper1 has always said I was wrong, rebuilt this 550, new p/c, bearings, gaskets and seal, all oem parts. Then re-flashed. Have only ran 4 tanks through it, but like it better every time I run it. Light, quick, nimble, easy to start, great in 14" wood or less. Good friend dropped these logs off and pics are of 550,562&572, think I may like AT's.

View attachment 751844 View attachment 751845 Have to admit, I may have changed mind about 50cc saws. Have owned several and never could justify keeping them. @chipper1 has always said I was wrong, rebuilt this 550, new p/c, bearings, gaskets and seal, all oem parts. Then re-flashed. Have only ran 4 tanks through it, but like it better every time I run it. Light, quick, nimble, easy to start, great in 14" wood or less. Good friend dropped these logs off and pics are of 550,562&572, think I may like AT's.
Maybe your getting old :laugh:. I know my 346's are my favorite to run cutting firewood, but the late 550oe is a great saw. I like the masterswitch that returns to run, the flippy caps are great, and I really like the captured bar nuts. I can't believe guys are opting for the standard 576 cover/nuts on the 572 so they can get the felling spikes, seems like they would find a way to get both.
Did you open the muffler up at all, they also wake up real nice, but it can take a long time on 40:1 synthetic.
Glad your enjoying it.
Nice load, gotta like getting wood delivered for free.
Thats a nice 3 saw plan :numberone:.

They make an outer spike for 572's, mine has one on it. I did open the muffler, we will see. That 550 was used on a log-wizzer and those are hard on saws. It's seems to be hard on those running at 1/2 trottle. Yes, it's hard to turn away free wood. He even dropped it where I asked. Yes, I am getting old, will be 66, how in the h_ll did that happen.:buttkick:

View attachment 751844 View attachment 751845 Have to admit, I may have changed mind about 50cc saws. Have owned several and never could justify keeping them. @chipper1 has always said I was wrong, rebuilt this 550, new p/c, bearings, gaskets and seal, all oem parts. Then re-flashed. Have only ran 4 tanks through it, but like it better every time I run it. Light, quick, nimble, easy to start, great in 14" wood or less. Good friend dropped these logs off and pics are of 550,562&572, think I may like AT's.
I really like my 550 too. The auto tune saws I’ve had didn’t really like 40:1, ran better on 50:1. Very nice saw heard you have there!:)
Nice wood too!

Thanks. Easy to split also. I run all my saws on 40:1, may be that's why my 562 is a 4 stroking machine.
Looks like it would be easy to split, nice stuff. Didn’t notice that much difference with my 562 but it’s ported too, but the 2 550’s I’ve had ran noticeably better on 50:1.

I have two 50cc saws and try to use them the most. 550xp and 445 (445 technically not 50cc) and they both wear the same b&c. 16" b&c on both. 550 with a 16" full chisel is a pretty screamin saw for a stock saw.

Thanks guys, had a good day up at the cabin yesterday, even though the Blackberries are not ripe yet!!!

We shot 22s and cruised around on the ATV.

When we heard some loud thunder cracks in the early afternoon, we got off the mountain before it came down. On Rte 17, it was coming down so hard my wife wanted me to pull over and stop. I explained to her that I would rather drive through it, not you could walk the dogs in this downpour, and it things start flooding I don't want to still be there!

Was coming down so hard that even with the wipers on high you could barely see, but we made it (free truck wash of all the mud on the way home).
Rain-X makes driving in rain a whole lot better...I don't use my wipers 99% of the time, water beads up and blows off, even torrential downpours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rain-X makes driving in rain a whole lot better...I don't use my wipers 99% of the time, water beads up and blows off, even torrential downpours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I used to use that on the outside and the antifog version on the inside. Worked great.

or get arrested...
I'll agree with you that sugar SHOULD be a prohibited drug. Some experts say it's more addictive than opium.

But at least one thing is for certain - the weather forecasters finally got one right when they said there'd be snow to sea level.

Back