Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my little saws. Sometimes I have to force myself to move up to the big guns.

sure are handy around the place. farm, too. fires rite up. really like mine! use it often. exceptional convenience. runs rite up there with my 019T and 026! :D I know one thing, despite some generalisms... mine is definitely no toy saw!

but, of course... I wouldn't want to make or try... to make a living with it. :laughing:

other than that I :heart: the thing ~

:numberone:

I cut all the wood to heat my home for 5 years with a Homelite Super 2 with 14" B+C, then another 6 years with a Homelite 330. Then I got my 10 mm 044 and never ran either of them again! The 044 was my only saw for the next 18 years! Then the 044 got crushed by a tree, and the shops would not repair it, so I purchased a 441, and worked on repairing the 044 myself (and with my Nephew's urging, joined this site). So after I got the 044 running again, the 044 and 441 were basically the same, so I sold the 441 and got a 362 C, and then it started! (The 441 was adjustable carb).

hmm, I really should finish up my 044 project. wonder if I finish it this fall, if I could run mine for the next 18 years?... lol

[R.I.P BL ]

My Brother has a 241 and loves it, and my 261 Ver II (MMWS) is one of my favorites … light and strong.

Since I don't climb, I don't need a top handle.

I like my T's... will run the Echo one hand, but not usually the 019T

Had over an hour rain delay this afternoon but got the second load tossed in. Was bit/stung by something on the back of my arm when cutting the second load but never saw what and the bitten area quickly went back to normal. I carefully checked for ground wasp nests and there were none. View attachment 759553 ]

working around the house yesterday getting ready for Imelda... cleaned off a garden bench were I often sit for a bit of a rest. didn't know it was going to be so busy! had to relocate it asap! sure glad I din't sit down unaware.

P2260003.JPG P2260004.JPG P2260005.JPG

I actually used 4 cans of brake clean on that one cleaning it up, and it started right up and runs well. The only thing wrong with it is the clutch cover is cracked around both stud holes.

nothing wrong with that saw!, and it looks like it oils well, too. :popcorn2:

Well it went from cool and overcast to warm and sunny. Says 66 is official temp but feels hotter.

Got into noodling and probably have a truckload ready to go so far. On my last chain and I doubt I’ll be able to process enough to fill the truck and trailer so may just load the truck and go watch football.

Had to flip the “blade” over on the homie as the bottom according to the letters is pretty worn. Cuts much better flipped.

This crotch piece under the saw is probably the densest pine I’ve ever cut. Loaded with sap too.
View attachment 759667 View attachment 759668

The frequency thrown off by the lower revving Homelite must irritate the snakes as I’ve seen three of them already. They just sit there when I’m cutting with the Husky.
View attachment 759669

looks to be a garter, I can see why ur back hurtz end of day svk. think mine would too, well by noon! ;)

Well , was gonna go to that lot to drop more not spruce today but it rained this morning and when it stopped at 11am the humidity stayed at 95% so it was a sauna even at 65 :( By 2 it wasn't bad so I went to the undisclosed location to block up some of that 4' stuff that we brought from the lot .
The Ryobi 2.0 worked fine , got 3 tanks in it today :) View attachment 759695 View attachment 759696

had to pick up an item ordered and delivered to HD today. passed by their saw aisle... ck'd out their Echo 490... and noticed they had some Ryobi's there, too.

I don't like wearing plastic gloves, but when you are working with grease is a great time to wear them! I remember when we had to grease wheel bearings every time we did brakes, but those days are gone and it has been a long time since I've done this. Glad it is over! The splitter is only 4 years old, and I usually trailer it when moving it, so I think they just neglected to grease that bearing.Both of them are now stuffed full of grease, with new seals. Hopefully the water will no longer be able to get in. FYI, I did not clean that axle before the pic, so they never greased it right (IMO).

way back when, huh. I remember first time my dad was doing brakes and w bearings... 1950 Ford. I was barely old enough to get into trouble! lol. he showed me how to pack them. didn't use no gloves. I still do it the way he showed me.

Apologised to the neighbours. I doubt they'll be bugging that lunatic next door again any time soon ;-)
It's just my luck he had to turn up during amateur hour at the sheltered workshop.

well, 'first impressions' you know! :popcorn2: however, imo, you, the artistic craftsman were in a dilemma... and as such, just bad timing. reach out to them again. assume u got their #? maybe 'bug' him to come over for a cold one. :cheers: or do lunch, maybe.

based upon ur tale of woe, not sure how u even had time to say, hello back... ;)

Thanks.
Feeling the best I have yet :). I get pretty sick at least once a yr, and then deal with allergies and asthma on a fairly normal basis, but the flu bugs the last three yrs have taken their toll on me :rare2:.
Speaking of health, it might be advisable in the future to refuse these type of projects, doesn't sound like they are good for your health :baba:.

May take a little time, but I'm sure they'll come around, a little:barbecue: and :cheers: goes a long way :yes:, besides it may calm you too :).

imo, the perfectionism in a true craftsman allows for a bit of eccentricity to come out now and then...

I swear heat in the fall is hotter that the summer. Was 82 out and I was sweating bullets as I unloaded my truck from yesterday’s cutting.

as long as u r sweating, u r ok. its when its real hot out and u stop sweating... time to worry!

I think you need to post the grocery cart on the Runnin' Loads thread for posterity. LOL

hmmm, sounds like a good idea. it meets the min description of the thread. its my mobile wood pile. i run stix around in them all the time. got a couple. they ended up abandoned in front of my house. called the stores, told them I had them and please come get them. one store I called twice! all passed the buck. all carts had the nastiest wheels, swivels, rollers, etc I had ever seen. :rare2: I had to wash my hands often! and make some parts to get them to roll smooth. they came to life as Load Runners once bearings cleaned and lubed! noone has come to fetch them. doubt they will. I am not a shopping cart person. lol. but, have to admit, they do come in handy!

I am working on one like this, mite be better suited for the thread...

zscc.jpg

thinking of some add'l carts behind, trailer train like! full of chunks...

Love the new wood hauler! If it has one of those wobbly wheels on the front it will shake all of the dirt and bark off by the time you get home.

we burn the bark... :popcorn2:

they all had wobbly wheels in front at first! lol... but once serviced, all turn smoothly and with ease now... as MM has said, 'gotta grease the wheel bearings!' lol ;)

I doubt few, if any of you have done shopping carts! I know how they get so nasty, but I am going to skip the details. not even sure anyone here ready for a story like that!! :omg: if u have, u know what I am talking about... :rolleyes:

and I don't want to have to go to Ban Camp! lol

I’m in a cooking group on Facebook and one old boy posted start to finish of fried gopher.

They people who only eat meat from a store lost their minds. It was great.

The only better reaction was the time a different fellow did baked muskrat with mushroom gravy.

:laughing:

... with mushroom gravy!!!

:laughing::laughing:

Latest posts

Back