Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother has a MS241 and loves it … compliments his MS460.

My favorite lite saw is my MMWS MS261 Ver II. Even though my 462 is very light for it's size, when I pick up the 261 after using it, it feels like a feather! Cuts real well too.

You going to Steve's??? It will be there!

My brother has a MS241 and loves it … compliments his MS460.

My favorite lite saw is my MMWS MS261 Ver II. Even though my 462 is very light for it's weight, when I pick up the 261 after using it, it feels like a feather! Cuts real well too.

You going to Steve's??? It will be there!
My ported 241 is a great running saw, I've had others as well and never had a single problem with them. One day I left my 201 rear handle at home on accident on an invasive job(read lots of small cuts and tossing brush), after multiple tanks thru the 241 much of it overhead I was really missing that little baby saw:cry:. My 261 vs2 has a muffler mod and is a great saw, I was surprised that it didn't have more grunt and it didn't feel lighter, I sold the first one I had after having it for two weeks. The 550 mk1 late model handles better to me and it feels just as light, but not everyone likes the outboard clutch. The 462 is a crazy light saw, I've never ran one, but I'm sure it won't be long. They say the 462 is 6hp, do you think it is, that's the same as a 660!

I don't think I'll make it. I'll be about 1.5hrs closer than our place at the inlaws. I'd really like to meet everyone in person, not this yr though.

Man … all the plumbing skills I learned … now worth $0!!!
You can't find standard fittings anymore either. I went to 3 plumbing shops looking for 1/2 to 3/8 barbed adaptors and was told they don't stock anything but per. Had to dig through the ancient spare parts bin at work to find them.

I buy my guns to use. I have bought a few to collect and then sold them later only to find out they weren't worth what they were supposed to be anyhow. So they all get used. I do not care where they are made as long as they function safely.

I had a Ruger #3 that was a very accurate gun despite the short barrel. Smoothest trigger pull ever. But the tang safety would constantly flip if I carried the gun on a sling while wearing a hunting jacket. The safety functioned with normal pressure but I just do not get how it would flip with a coat. But I sold it as I did not want that happening.
I had a holster that would flip the safety off on my 1911. It went in the trash. Bothered me more do to poor design then the fact the safety was off when I pulled the gun up.

Forgot to post yesterday. Since I was already in the plumbing mood with my PEX project I replaced all of the seals in the guest cabin water drains and shut offs. The place was built in the late 50’s and I doubt these have ever been replaced. The gas man came and filled up my tank. Took 825 gallons to fill since I was almost empty. Hoping to make it for a full year as we’ll start burning wood in a few weeks once it cools off. With the indoor boiler it's not worth it to burn till temps stay below 35 degrees. Hooking the new service into the old that feeds the two sinks. Love the shark bite fittings. View attachment 767867

some nice copper work there SVK! glad to see Joey snug as a bug in a rug in new home with youse alls... :yes:

Wife woke me up this morning. No good morning just was greeted to “the furnace isn’t working”. Sure enough I had shut off the gas boiler last spring and was operating the electric boiler as needed. I had shut that off last night once the tank was refilled and forgot to light the pilot on the gas. We’re just about up to temp now.

:eek:

details! lol...

ah-h heat.... :D

Wife made some more fire starters today. Wax and lint in egg cartonView attachment 768024Then cut sections apart. Works great, makes house smell good too :)View attachment 768025

interesting! I keep fire starters, too. keep after washing once thawed all the meats stuff wrapped up in butcher paper, etc. that, pine needles, kindling pine or cedar or both, kitchen wood... pretty much my std routine. normally works great, but sometimes I get cold starts. lol

That's nice. I have a shed that I built with the intention of one day converting to a little place like that. What is the little building to the right. I've had quite a few fires here, last weekend I had a small fire the whole weekend. Tomorrow the high is only 48, same temp it is here right now. Supposed to be in the 30's friday morning. Got a lot done here today, blue skies and 56 out :happy:.

a he shed! ;)

Not sure if I’m watching the Astros or Steelers play tonight. Imagine being able to screw up that much and get paid millions, screw up that much in a factory and you wouldn’t make it past your probationary time.

hi D -

he** of a score by bottom of 9th! hope #3 goes better for the 'stros!! the stats are in their favor. of WS teams going on road with 2-0 game loss... 10 out of 13 won the series. we'll see. they got a bit out played, for sure... but cannot discount Altuve and how they got into the WS in the first place!

still... only :numberone: counts! this tain't horseshoes... lol

town here is all :dizzy: for the Astros... even can rent a B&B condo all Astro'd out!!! lol

That is funny Nate. I remember talking to a Game Warden several years back, and I was complaining about not seeing as many deer as I used to see. He replied "Years ago people were allowed to let their dogs run free, and hunters went into the woods and hunted deer". "Now, all the dogs are inside or on leashes, and when the hunters go into the woods the deer go into peoples yards, they know the dogs can't get them, even when they bark at them". I fear it is all too true!!! That, and all the people illegally baiting because they see it on TV!!!

hi MM - tv or not, my take, too! that's how 'they' hunt down here... salt the immediate area daily with a feeder... then sit in a blind and take pot shots! sucker shots I call them!

imo, that is not deer hunting! ~

Latest posts

Back