Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me I'm not opposed to light saws I have quite a few saws under 50cc and I like them a lot.
I like my little saws, just like a little better power to weight ratio. The price point is nice on a 180 though for what you get.
Little saws can do a lot of work and they typically add to my productivity by keeping me working longer so I'm not afraid to pay the higher dollars these saws command. I may actually buy another 200 rear handle if I can work everything out. View attachment 768213 View attachment 768214 View attachment 768215

all my saws are big saws! lol ;)

P1180004.JPG

P1180002.JPG

I had a holster that would flip the safety off on my 1911. It went in the trash. Bothered me more do to poor design then the fact the safety was off when I pulled the gun up.

great piece! my big gun carry pistol! :yes: for obvious reasons...

a weapon design of significant historical importance!

zmgg.jpg

6 Hp is the same rating as a 461, not a 660, and yes I believe the 462 has it. The 461 may have some addl low end grunt due to the addl displacement, but it is easy to keep the 462 in it's zone (no sudden stops), and it cuts real well when it's in there!
My bad :oops:, I knew that :dumb:.
That's good to hear, I look forward to running one.
Enjoyed watching all tree monkeys videos of his progress on them, they sure look good ported.

a he shed! ;)
Certainly ain't a she shed, she shed, by the she shore :laugh:. All the ladies like it though lol.
I been raising the grade up in front of it. I plan on raising the shed too, which will be a bit of work, hopefully I can get it done soon. It needs to be raised around a ft, I'm planning on using scrounged black locust sections to lift it from each side and for the new legs it will be standing on.
There's where the grade is before I added 10 more buckets last night, I'm over 50 buckets now.
Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 4.07.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 4.08.49 PM.png

Man I love this stuff more and more every day. Black locus, Bucked beginning of year just split 10 minutes ago and it could go right in. Though I will mix the stuff in with something a bit dryer
d2ae4d96c830de98263ba24737d8aaab.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Man I love this stuff more and more every day. Black locus, Bucked beginning of year just split 10 minutes ago and it could go right in. Though I will mix the stuff in with something a bit dryer
d2ae4d96c830de98263ba24737d8aaab.jpg

61% !! Might stihl be a bit moist :laugh::buttkick::innocent:

LMFAO[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Is this better [emoji2957]

d3068c06806dc0ce779c7328a8e70c39.plist

I figured thats how he'd read it down under anyway lol.
I have plenty of locust dead standing on our property and the neighbors, I call it my vertical wood piles. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, its nice to go out in Jan or Feb and drop one and buck it up and split it right there then haul it in the house to burn. Its nice to skip stacking it :yes:. I threw a nice 6" stick in the stove today along with a couple splits of cherry, it was up to 76 in no time at all, we left the house right after so it will be nice when we get back.

Do you have plenty wood for winter now.

I figured thats how he'd read it down under anyway lol.
I have plenty of locust dead standing on our property and the neighbors, I call it my vertical wood piles. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, its nice to go out in Jan or Feb and drop one and buck it up and split it right there then haul it in the house to burn. Its nice to skip stacking it :yes:. I threw a nice 6" stick in the stove today along with a couple splits of cherry, it was up to 76 in no time at all, we left the house right after so it will be nice when we get back.

Do you have plenty wood for winter now.

We will see.

This is the first year I’m using wood from my holz hausen piles and iv roughly estimated that i have 6+ cord for this winter. should be ok but we had to start a bit early this year and it is predicted to be a colder snowier winter here in Michigan.

I just happened to be splitting and saw a handful of black locust rounds amongst the pile. Decided to check the moisture content by my surprise they ended up in the wood box by the back door. We are only burning at night and a small fire in the moring right now. Split enough for a good 1.5 weeks of burning.

interesting! I keep fire starters, too. keep after washing once thawed all the meats stuff wrapped up in butcher paper, etc. that, pine needles, kindling pine or cedar or both, kitchen wood... pretty much my std routine. normally works great, but sometimes I get cold starts. lol

I use “top down” method and news paper. Anyone else use top down?

I actually found out that the paper they use to separate stainless steel sheets from our suppliers at work burns extremely well.

We will see.

This is the first year I’m using wood from my holz hausen piles and iv roughly estimated that i have 6+ cord for this winter. should be ok but we had to start a bit early this year and it is predicted to be a colder snowier winter here in Michigan.

I just happened to be splitting and saw a handful of black locust rounds amongst the pile. Decided to check the moisture content by my surprise they ended up in the wood box by the back door. We are only burning at night and a small fire in the moring right now. Split enough for a good 1.5 weeks of burning.

Sounds like you should be good depending on how much you normally use in a yr.
I'm expecting more cold and snow this yr since last yr was pretty mild as was this summer.
We don't use the furnace so we start burning early, then end up using the ac many yrs. I leave the ac its in(window units) as it helps cool it down a bit quicker in the shoulder and I can burn hotter fires. Besides who really wants to move those things around :eek:, but after doing a bunch of fall firewood chores I'm felling a bit more :muscle:and have no problem hauling them into the basement :laugh:.
I use “top down” method and news paper. Anyone else use top down?

I actually found out that the paper they use to separate stainless steel sheets from our suppliers at work burns extremely well.

Top down with either paper or noodles :blob2:.

After a warmish week we're burning here again today. Snow up on the hills and our cricket match eventually called off after several rain delays. Scrounged peppermint from next door in there atm.

26th Oct 1.jpg

I'm going to wait until I'm sure we're all done burning before I bother cleaning up the heater.

Just doing small fires morning and evening. This morning I'm warming the place up with some balsam fir that has been split and stacked 2 seasons as per svk's instruction. My first plan was to just burn that crap in campfires but I'm liking it popping away in the stove. Frost on the grass this morning and my truck awaits a brake job that I'm not looking forward to because I can't fit it all the way in the garage due to too much shstuff in there! Lol

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Im tellin ya. For guys like me that cut wood for heat and personal use....... for the love of god get saws that will make you smile[emoji16]. This 385XP is so FUN!

Hope you fellas have nice weather and are enjoying our beloved shared hobby of wood cutting. [emoji1303][emoji1303] be safe and have fun!

e936f3374f0676f6859ac4b449045cde.plist

Latest posts

Back