Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it counts as scrounging, as its from our land. I'm sure some of you are familiar with that trailer called a "Trailevator". Needs some work to get it to work lol. But it works as a flat bed trailer. It came with a neighbors property we bought. When I first found it and saw the cylinders, I thought I had myself a dump trailer lol. image.jpeg

Are you kidding? In this thread?

Husqvarna would be the opposite. Started in Sweden, then started manufacturing in the US after buying some companies like Poulan, etc. Did a lot of private label manufacturing for Sears Craftsman, etc.

McRae, GA - lawn mowers, snow throwers, rotary Cultivators, Tractor baggers
Nashville, AR - trimmers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, handheld equipment components
Orangeburg, SC - tractors, zero turn riders, rotary cultivators
Salem, IN - transmissions, transaxles & gearboxes for outdoor power equipment
Colombia, SC - diamond tools

Philbert
Absolutely, hence the :lol:.

I wasn't talking about husky, two different topics, but since you brought it up now that's the new topic :lol:
Not that they are exclusive to husky, but the do some production in the US :happy:.
This is about an hr east of our house.
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.09.57 PM.png

Not sure if it counts as scrounging, as its from our land. I'm sure some of you are familiar with that trailer called a "Trailevator". Needs some work to get it to work lol. But it works as a flat bed trailer. It came with a neighbors property we bought. When I first found it and saw the cylinders, I thought I had myself a dump trailer lol. View attachment 769533
Does it go up or down from that height Leeroy. It would be neat if it went up, you could use it to split off from.

Does it go up or down from that height Leeroy. It would be neat if it went up, you could use it to split off from.
Hi Chipper,
It drops down level with the ground. Probably good for small equipment. Researched it when we found it because I'd never seen one. Pretty sure there is a company in Ohio that builds a similar setup.

Not sure if it counts as scrounging, as its from our land. I'm sure some of you are familiar with that trailer called a "Trailevator". Needs some work to get it to work lol. But it works as a flat bed trailer. It came with a neighbors property we bought. When I first found it and saw the cylinders, I thought I had myself a dump trailer lol. View attachment 769533
Not sure how this trailer works, Might need a better pic. My brother bought a house from a old guy that was a jack of all trades. The guy had left behind a old trailer he had built himself. The unusual thing about the trailer was it had a ratchet type chain binder welded to the front on the tongue. Upon close inspection, the binder was attached by chain to the axle. Of course first glance this didn't make any sense either. It turns out the axle was mounted to rotate on a pivot that allowed the trailer bed to rise and fall. You could let the ratchet binder all the way out and it would rotate the axle and the bed would drop to the ground. Tighten the binder and it would raise the trailer bed. brother sold the trailer for scrap as it was to small for anything bigger than a lawn mower, plus for all the previous owners talents, welding wasn't something he was very good at. I did think it was a interesting concept.

Hi Chipper,
It drops down level with the ground. Probably good for small equipment. Researched it when we found it because I'd never seen one. Pretty sure there is a company in Ohio that builds a similar setup.
Funny you said an Ohio company. I almost bought one in Ohio, but I couldn't figure out what I'd do with it lol. The company sold salt, I think they used it to haul water softener salt to homes. Throw a pallet on it at the shop with the hilo and then shove a pallet jack in the end of the pallet, then lower it at a home and bring it into the garage. I couldn't see a use for it for me as it wasn't very big, believe me I tried to come up with one because it was a neat trailer lol.

I think I first saw trailers like that (maybe) for hogs, although I can't remember exactly why they were for hogs. Maybe a low stress way to load them, maybe for sows with piglets? Then here in suburban Atlanta, I came across a guy with one similar and asked what for you have a hog trailer here ( it was clean ) and he said he had a safe moving business, or maybe it was pianos.

The guy that let me and Wayne have that last big red oak asked if I would cut down a couple pines in his yard and just throw them in the woods. Got them done today and came home to clean all that crap off the saw. I was heading for the kerosene jug and spied a bottle of Goo Gone. What the heck, never tried it yet. Works better than kerosene and no smell.

The guy that let me and Wayne have that last big red oak asked if I would cut down a couple pines in his yard and just throw them in the woods. Got them done today and came home to clean all that crap off the saw. I was heading for the kerosene jug and spied a bottle of Goo Gone. What the heck, never tried it yet. Works better than kerosene and no smell.
I want to remember that ammonia works well too?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back