Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and I were out playing ball with the dog Sat. afternoon and the wife come up to the deck and says i found this old jug handle in the yard. (We find pottery shards and stuff all the time.) I heard a noise Tues. when i drove the F150 through the yard but only for a minute. Turns out it was the bottom of my coil spring on the truck.:angry: Googled for some info and found out it's more common than I would have guessed.:wtf:

That sucks! Is it covered? What year truck, hope it has been resolved!
20191103_124638-jpg.770309

Previous owner left me tapered cast iron blocks on the front axle...I made some zero-rates for a temporary solution and pulled the blocks...

I then discovered they had stacked blocks in the rear, luckily the one the PO had fabricated was mild steel and I was able to auger a hole through it and bolt it to the springs.

I intend to do a lift next spring, all springs, to remove the blocks completely.

8d501ece4df9a7a6aef628d5b5e930e3.jpg
9cbd5967d34d2ce94c0a74f0164d3911.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

broken springs seem far too common these days. My last car, Ford, was breaking front springs every 35k miles. I changed one myself once...never again. even with 2 pairs of spring compressors on it I was very, very scared. I don't mind dirty jobs on cars, I don't mind jobs that are physical (although tbh, I do less and less of either as tim is precious and I'm not so skint these days) However, I don't like being scared by choice. garages have presses, and can do springs safely, and quickly, I'll pay for that these days

I was going to sight in my 95 tomorrow, got it back today with a new William's peep sight on it!

And I just bought an 870 I don't need … she is real happy about that (even though I got a steal!).

Send me an email about the price.
Shot many rounds of skeet with a field grade 870, fun beating guys with thousands into their guns, and all on reloads too lol.
I "need" an 1100 receiver with either a skeet barrel or a rifled barrel with open sights.

G'day scroungers,

Just got back from a weekend down at the coast. My parents have a house - formerly my grandparent's house - near the coast and bought a boat in the last couple of years to replace the old tinny. We took the boat out yesterday. After arriving the night before, I went out for a flick for some Oz salmon in the surf. I caught five salmon and a tailor. 1 salmon and tailor were keepers, the rest of the salmon were like this.

5th Nov 11.jpg

That's a size 10 foot next to a size 6 salmon.

The next day we put the boat in the estuary. The entrance was closed which meant that the fishing was hard going. We did catch 5 tailor of which 4 were keepers.

5th Nov 9.jpg

Here's Cowgirl holding the rod that didn't sit nicely in the rod holder.

5th Nov 12.jpg

Then the outboard started having problems and we could only make way at 2kn. But that was ok because we had supplies (that's my dad in the gumboots).

5th Nov 13.jpg

Cheese, bikkies, strawberries...where's the beer. Oops, forgot that. Rookie error. Anyway, we putputted back to the boat ramp at walking pace while a thunderstorm brewed. Cowgirl wasn't that worried.

5th Nov 14.jpg

We got the boat loaded and drove out just as the first raindrop hit the windscreen, then it smashed us on the way home. We had tailor and salmon in butter and garlic for dinner with chips and salad.

5th Nov 15.jpg

Yummy yummy. :sweet: :)

Shot many rounds of skeet with a field grade 870, fun beating guys with thousands into their guns, and all on reloads too lol.
I "need" an 1100 receiver with either a skeet barrel or a rifled barrel with open sights.

My old one (1970) has better wood and bluing, and a 28" modified choke barrel with just a bead (no vent rib) and is standard 2 3/4".

The new one is low grade wood and metal finish, but is a 3" Mag, and has a 28" vent rib barrel with choke tubes (only came with one, don't know what is in it).

I got it at auction for $165. It was barely used (may not have been), but has some minor scratches on the wood.

Latest posts

Back