Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already used Blue GT in my YouTube acct. I will have to file a law suit against them for stealing my name!!!
Having thrown something like $11b at EV's, hopefully they can afFord to buy your account out, perhaps a Mustang Mach E GT when they come out next year would be enough to swing the deal.

Best shot ever with a handgun for me was 150 yards. TC Encore in .308 Win., 15” barrel and Burris 2x7.
I had a Contender in 35 Rem, 14" barrel, and a T/C Lobo 4X. Traded it to a high school friend for a 1964 426 Max Wedge, @x$ cross ram, 13:1 compression. He still has the gun, I'm waiting to bump into him when I have some cash on me. I'd like to get that one back. It was the second hand gun I bought brand new, when I turned 18. The first was a Ruger 22 auto.

For those of us who are "True Blue", real Mustangs start with the GT, if it does not have that V-8 rumble, it is not really a Mustang!

That said, I hear they are developing a performance version of the electric that does 0 - 60 in 3.5 seconds!!! Ouch!!!
The only electric mustang I saw was rated at 900hp and had a 6 speed standard trans behind it. Very rare to see a man trans behind an electric.

View attachment 773703 May have been a bit much but it sure beat trying to get around the yard with the truck. I spent a little time riding on the hood to help keep the front end down.
James, is that one of the 35" lifts. That's the highest I can find in a tow behind. I need a 45 or 50. The 45 I can get is $300 a day with $160 delivery. I would do that but the 2 trees I have are about 20 miles apart and they want 2 delivery fees.

James, is that one of the 35" lifts. That's the highest I can find in a tow behind. I need a 45 or 50. The 45 I can get is $300 a day with $160 delivery. I would do that but the 2 trees I have are about 20 miles apart and they want 2 delivery fees.
I cant remember if it was 50 or 60'.

Saturday went smooth as silk. My daughter chose Louis Armstrong's "Its a wonderful world" for the father/ daughter dance. I don't slow dance, and she had a mile long train, I thought it would look silly with us just rocking back and forth for 5 minutes. So, I had the DJ jump from Louis, to "SHOUT", the first time he said "wonderful", and I didn't tell anyone. Had 200 people go from quiet and respectful, to screaming "SHOUT" in one millisecond. The place was rocking so loud for the next to hours, I couldn't talk to any one, so I had to drink beer.15767.jpeg

Saturday went smooth as silk. My daughter chose Louis Armstrong's "Its a wonderful world" for the father/ daughter dance. I don't slow dance, and she had a mile long train, I thought it would look silly with us just rocking back and forth for 5 minutes. So, I had the DJ jump from Louis, to "SHOUT", the first time he said "wonderful", and I didn't tell anyone. Had 200 people go from quiet and respectful, to screaming "SHOUT" in one millisecond. The place was rocking so loud for the next to hours, I couldn't talk to any one, so I had to drink beer.View attachment 774008

Congrats … looks good!!!

Rarefish, congratulations. Nice move on switching it up with the music. I’ve been telling my wife it’s gonna be “I loved her First” for our daughters. She said I better not cause I’ll start crying and get snot on the dress. Luckily, I have a few years before I have to worry about such things.

is this where the handmade table n benches is by you MM? I was thinking about it when I saw the hunting pix... maybe eating some heart or backstrap later in evening on it for supper.

Table came out pretty dang good, no picture of the bench, but my pops used the vice already 7A7E7DA9-0CF0-4FE5-8DA2-ECFAC1D624E5.jpeg9D7E300B-A6B8-431F-9CEA-D931F4FA5C17.jpeg

Saturday went smooth as silk. My daughter chose Louis Armstrong's "Its a wonderful world" for the father/ daughter dance. I don't slow dance, and she had a mile long train, I thought it would look silly with us just rocking back and forth for 5 minutes. So, I had the DJ jump from Louis, to "SHOUT", the first time he said "wonderful", and I didn't tell anyone. Had 200 people go from quiet and respectful, to screaming "SHOUT" in one millisecond. The place was rocking so loud for the next to hours, I couldn't talk to any one, so I had to drink beer.View attachment 774008
Very nice

Rarefish, congratulations. Nice move on switching it up with the music. I’ve been telling my wife it’s gonna be “I loved her First” for our daughters. She said I better not cause I’ll start crying and get snot on the dress. Luckily, I have a few years before I have to worry about such things.
“Cleaning this gun”

While doing leaves I noticed this red maple had failed and was just hung up in neighboring trees. Quick pull from a winch and she was on the ground...but the best part about this tree...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b10.jpg

Almost no brush! One cut and this mini top was ready to be dragged away by my mighty 1986 Deere 160 lawn tractor. My 3-year-old wanted in on the action and drove his truck over to load up...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b17.jpg

Unfortunately after many trips full of wood his battery was flat, so I dragged that back home too. Fast, fun project for a cold Sunday.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b0e.jpg

Went to the CO-OP Husqvarna dealer that sells Cub Cadet snowblowers today. Priced a few of those and peeked at the saws. Nothing bigger than a 562 on display.

Needed some rim sprockets 3/8 7t again a co-op let down. Out of stock up to 10 days to order. No thanks. I might go back cause the gal working propane fills was chatting up my truck on the way out. Never know...

Went to the JD Stihl dealer no stock but $3 cheaper and should get em tomorrow's delivery coming from Anoka warehouse.

Looked at Ariens snowblowers there. Kind of disappointing until you get into the pro models or at least the deluxe. No surprises on the Stihl shelves nice shiney 661 C must be a FarmBoss? No cuties here bunch of old guys.

Yeah, WTF is that about - how could that model of Taycan be called turbo with a straight face.
I have no idea except that they are hoping referring to older successful models in the lineup that the nostalgia will draw folks in.
These are all incredible vehicles, why not just let the crowd who is into them buy them and get things going rather than irritating the diehard guys who actually like the cars but are opposed using the names of the previous models in such a way.

Back