Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, there's no transmission/driveshaft tunnel in an EV so the floor can usually be designed flat = more leg room in the back. In the case of the Mustang Mach E at least, they retained the same sort of roofline as the dino Mustang, so combined with the more leg room = six-footers can...ummm...sit...in the back comfortably, allegedly.

*edit* Got a dozen Aussie Salmon yesterday after work. Let 'em all go. trying out a few new lures. Ones a wee hard-body, bibbed, floating really tight wobbler made in Oz. Gets a wiggle on at very slow speeds and only dives to about 1m (could feel it bouncing off the bottom in shallow water). Small stuff seemed to like it and that included my arms (worked best at a very slow paddle speed).

Other was standard jig head (can't recall the size but pretty small) and a pearl white minnow softbait about 3" long. The bigger Kahawai loved that more than the hard-body.

Next test is to try and combine the two and see if I can impart more wobble into the softbaits or if the added drag will kill the wobbling action.

View attachment 774173 Last Porsche I was interested in. Near 500hp NA 6 speed manual and stripped of everything that's not needed to go fast and turn fast. They just dont make any pure sports cars anymore. Even the new gt3 rs has an auto trans :dumb2::wtf:.
Coworker had one similar that he road raced, it was stripped and worked. Sold it for a TT he raced a little track with, then traded that on a BMW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Current situation I find myself in. Working through lunch to take my lunch hour from 3:30 to 5:00. Then I’ll head back in to wrap up the day’s paperwork. View attachment 774268

Good luck with it Matt, guess the plan to give it a rest did not last long! Last year it was I who was feeling the frustration, till I got that doe. It will turn around, you just never know when.

That was my first car, a black 4 speed … is she selling it???
No not likely it was her father in laws. Her husband just finished a complete oem restoration on it. One of those connections to him she isn't going to let go of. Many weekends spent in the garage.

She's 39 and likely will never have to work again. Well except maybe to buy that Barbie dream car Jeep Renegade she's been eyeballing. Would go nice with her pink Harley she had to have last year. Impulse purchase off the side of the road absolutely hilarious. Saw it one day bought it the next. Then had to take lessons to learn to ride this year.

So, got to work on the slab table project today. Just planing one face flat, cutting the mitres for the waterfall legs and tidying up the ribs on the under/inside face of the legs and top. Each leg is the absolute max weight I can safely lift. They are like solid blocks of concrete.
side1.jpg side2.jpg

Here's the top. It was quite a mission to flip it over and get it on the saw horses, given it's three times what I can lift. Should finish cutting and fitting the mitre supports and gluing the legs on tomorrow. Just how I move it or flip it once it's all glued together and one solid table, I just don't know yet.

top1.jpg

And yes, that's Kermit, still on the trailer, for some extra scale on the size of the top. The bast@rd who has dicked me around for a few months decided he didn't want it after all.

So, got to work on the slab table project today. Just planing one face flat, cutting the mitres for the waterfall legs and tidying up the ribs on the under/inside face of the legs and top. Each leg is the absolute max weight I can safely lift. They are like solid blocks of concrete.
View attachment 774456 View attachment 774457

Here's the top. It was quite a mission to flip it over and get it on the saw horses, given it's three times what I can lift. Should finish cutting and fitting the mitre supports and gluing the legs on tomorrow. Just how I move it or flip it once it's all glued together and one solid table, I just don't know yet.

View attachment 774458

And yes, that's Kermit, still on the trailer, for some extra scale on the size of the top. The bast@rd who has dicked me around for a few months decided he didn't want it after all.

You don't have a Donk handy?

Great stuff Kiwi!!! I often work on my sawmilled wood projects alone also, and moving them can be mentally challenging! I often used my wood trailer as a mobile work bench, and have 2 sets of 2X4s screwed together that I use to narrow the work bench of my trailer when necessary.

Also, when setting up the end of a bench on the Radial Arm saw, I'm very creative with coming up with "dead men" to support the other end of the bench.

To load my Hickory Work Bench in and out of the (very high) bed of my PU Truck, I tipped the end onto a work bench, then flipped it over into the truck. (brought the bench with me and did the reverse taking it out, by myself). Then I put it on a dolly to move it. My Brother and Nephew were very surprised that I got it out of the truck and into the cabin all by my lonesome before anyone else arrived. My Nephew even accused me of getting help from a neighbor, but I didn't.

You don't have a Donk handy?
Mine is 5hrs away and the neighbors are transplanted townies who think a ride-on is heavy machinery. There is a bloke down the road with something useful but we have history and I'd rather eat worms than ask him for anything. Will think of something.

Made a few more of those seats with the leftover slabwood too.
IMG_20191121_075405.jpg

Only a few slabs left from last Summer and they are too small for seats. So, i might make a variation of these planters I made recently but do the sides from the slab wood.
IMG_20191121_075927.jpg

Great stuff Kiwi!!! I often work on my sawmilled wood projects alone also, and moving them can be mentally challenging! I often used my wood trailer as a mobile work bench, and have 2 sets of 2X4s screwed together that I use to narrow the work bench of my trailer when necessary.

Also, when setting up the end of a bench on the Radial Arm saw, I'm very creative with coming up with "dead men" to support the other end of the bench.

To load my Hickory Work Bench in and out of the (very high) bed of my PU Truck, I tipped the end onto a work bench, then flipped it over into the truck. (brought the bench with me and did the reverse taking it out, by myself). Then I put it on a dolly to move it. My Brother and Nephew were very surprised that I got it out of the truck and into the cabin all by my lonesome before anyone else arrived. My Nephew even accused me of getting help from a neighbor, but I didn't.
thanks Mike. Sometimes just takes a bit of extra thought but often a way can be found. You've given me a few ideas, tks.

Back