Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more pics.
View attachment 775561 View attachment 775562
the day before, there was a 709lb bear killed very close to where this one was. 2 days before, another guy also got ran over and bit by a 300lb bear. I have decided my 44mag ruger carbine is a little small for these sizes of bear.
Probably should have used a longer bar:chainsaw: :lol:.
That's a big critter to have running around :surprised3:.
I like that they put it on the quad, probably a little over the weight limit :laughing:

Well we had a sad day here although luckily no lives were lost.

I had just come in from stacking wood and heard something that literally shook the floor. Being a long ways from anything industrial I knew that was a not a good thing.

Walked outside and saw flames high in the trees down the road. Knew that was bad and suspected what was going on. Went down and my neighbor was backing his vehicles away from his house. Flames were coming out of the front of the house and smoke was billowing out the back. Mind you this was a 4000 SF hand scribed log home that my neighbor had built himself. I’ll tell you, I shed a few tears watching him watch his home burn down.

By the time the fire department showed up, the front wall had already caved in. The detached sauna building was starting to catch fire from the reflective heat so luckily they were able to save that building.

All people got out safely and the dog is accounted for. The cats did make it out of the house and frequently visit us so we’ll catch them as they allow.

I had to say farewell to my old man today so tip a glass to the sunset in his honor.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
A poem in his honor.

No one will ever understand

I don’t know where to begin

Since the day you were gone

I’ve been numb from within

Dad, you were more than a father

You were what no one else could be

Days and years may go by

But my hero, you’ll forever be

RIP Dad

Was trying to load a little wood today and this happen